wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Users cannot reset PW

13 Posts
3 Users
1 Reactions
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

wpForo account is the same WordPress user. Password is one and user is one. There is no separate user systems. The password reset URL is /wp-login.php?action=lostpassword

Glue42
(@glue42)
Eminent Member

Hmm, good to know - thanks! However, it returns example.com/password-reset__trashed/ when I paste it in the browser (I guess I shoud not but just tried it :D). So, I entered "/wp-login.php?action=lostpassword" in Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Members for

But again when I try changing the password in the account page (example.com/community/account/username) it says that the old password entered is wrong, when it isn't. 🙁

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

I think you've trashed your password resetting page. Navigate in Dashboard to Pages admin page, click on Trashed (x) link and restore if it's there.

Glue42
(@glue42)
Eminent Member

You are right - I took it out. However that page was created by Ultimate Member, which I don't use (and it's password resets don't work too on our site neither from that page, nor from its account page). I tried again after I took it out and it doesn't work. Changed the link to its /password-reset/ slug and didn't work. Returned it back to /wp-login.php?action=lostpassword and again doesn't work. 🙁

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi Glue42,

please send admin login details to support[at]gvectors.com email address, we'll check the issue.

Page 2 / 3