Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Users can't register on my forums

12 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@currentsamuel)

I'm having issues with this wpforo plugin again. The registration, login are responding with "oops!, that page can't be found" I used ultimate member plugin for registration to create page, login page and lost password page. Before now it worked perfectly fine. But throws that disturbing message. I have all that I know on the settings yet couldn't work. What happened is that I was having issues with my wordpress users regarding to their dashboard. I disabled all the blugin and reactivated them one by one. After that this problem began. Please help

11 Replies
Alvina
(@alvina)

Hi @currentsamuel,

Please navigate to the Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Members admin page and leave the screenshot of that page. Please make sure the "Custom Authorization URLs" is included in the screenshot.

Also please leave your forum URL.

4 Replies
(@currentsamuel)

@alvina I don't understand what you mean please

Alvina
(@alvina)

@currentsamuel,

Please leave the screenshot of this page. Screenshot below: https://www.screencast.com/t/bMQs55EUJ

(@currentsamuel)

@alvina Here is the screenshot.  Also I will be deactivating and deleting Ultimate member plugin, I have made up my mind to do that because it has been given alot of troubles and causing problems on my site. So please is there a better plugin you can recommend to use to create the custom registration and login page for my forums. Or is there a way to create a custom registration and login page with wpforo plugin with third party plugin. Custom registration and login pages where fields would have to be filled before registration could be completed.  If there is please tell me how to do that thanks

Alvina
(@alvina)

@currentsamuel,

Also I will be deactivating and deleting Ultimate member plugin, I have made up my mind to do that because it has been given alot of troubles and causing problems on my site.

Use this(Custom Authorization URLs) option only if you have set other pages for authorization. wpForo doesn’t change its own URLs, these options are only for other plugin compatibility. For example, if you use BuddyPress or Ultimate Member plugin you can set these values:

Login URL: /login/
Register URL: /register/

See screenshot below: https://www.screencast.com/t/iuBh1nWJ

More info in this doc: https://wpforo.com/docs/root/wpforo-settings/members-settings/#custom-authorization

In any case, if you decide to delete the UM plugin, then you should delete the Login URL/Register URL/Lost Password URL input values too. Those fields should be empty.

So please is there a better plugin you can recommend to use to create the custom registration and login page for my forums

I'll suggest you check the wpForo – User Custom Fields add-on. the add-on allows you to create a custom Registration form with custom fields, add custom fields in User Profile system, and in Members Search form.

More info here: https://gvectors.com/product/wpforo-user-custom-fields/

Topic starter
(@currentsamuel)

For the main time I'm looking for a free plugin to create the registration and login pages. Is there anyone available please?? 

5 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@currentsamuel,

First please remove the absolute URLs from the custom login/register and reset password felds. You should use only the page /paths/ in this field. Why you've added the whole URL? As you can see the domain and other parts of the URL is already added before the field, so you just need to add the page slugs (paths) like /login/ or whatever...

Second. Could you please explain to me, why are you using other plugins for registration and login pages? wpForo has free login registration and reset password pages in-built. What is the reason not using wpForo pages?

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

If you don't use UM plugin, then empty all those fields (login, register and reset password URL fields) to be able use the built-in wpForo login, register and reset pass pages.

(@currentsamuel)

@robert The wpforo built in registration page does not have the much required field that I wish to be filled before registration is completed.  If there is a way to add it?. I will use it anyway. And I want to ask, if I should get wpforo pro plugin, does the pro version of wpforo plugin have all the adons, such the user custom fields and others?

Alvina
(@alvina)

@currentsamuel,

...if I should get wpforo pro plugin, does the pro version of wpforo plugin have all the adons, such the user custom fields and others?

Please note the wpForo is a free WordPress plugin, it doesn't have a Pro version and it'll always be free. We also develop paid addons (separate plugins) for wpForo, they add some extra functions and features to your forum. One of them wpForo – User Custom Fields add-on as I already mentioned in the post above. The add-on allows you customize User registration fields, Account fields, Profile fields, and Member Search fields based on your created custom user fields:  https://gvectors.com/product/wpforo-user-custom-fields/

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@currentsamuel,

Again, wpForo is a free plugin. It doesn't have any pro version. But there are paid addon that can add custom fields to the registration mentioned by Alvina above.