wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Users having trouble posting

9 Posts
5 Users
1 Likes
Wendell
Topic starter
(@wendell)
Reputable Member

I've received several emails from users over the last week or so stating that they cannot post topics or replies. Here is a typical message: "I can't seem to add a reply. I write it, hit "add a reply" , the progress wheel spins, but It doesn't post."

Some have said that they've waited 5-10 minutes and it never posts.

To troubleshoot, I've cleared all server caches, site caches, CloudFlare caches, then asked those users to delete cookies associated with our site and also to clear their browser caches. They are still having the same problem.

Any thoughts on what might be causing this? Thanks for any help you can provide.

8 Replies
(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

I can't help on this, but i have seen that twice myself in my tiny forum. Not sure if 1.64 was installed or the previous version when it happened. But didn't paid any attention, since Firefox does crazy things sometimes.

Wendell
Topic starter
(@wendell)
Reputable Member

The users reporting the trouble are using Chrome and Firefox, so I'm not sure I can attribute it to a specific browser, unfortunately. Thank you for the feedback though! 🙂

1 Reply
(@martin)

Support Team

@wendell

I'd recommend set "disabled" the "Auto Drafting Interval" option for some time and check if you got new reports. You can disable automatic post drafting in Dashboard > Forums > Topics & Posts Tab.

Wendell
Topic starter
(@wendell)
Reputable Member

I've done that but still the problem persists for many users. It's the same problem that this person is having: https://wpforo.com/community/how-to-and-troubleshooting-2/user-getting-post-is-empty-message/

2 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

@wendell,

Please follow the steps below.

1. Download the jsfiles.zip folder, you'll find the following two files there (ajax.js, frontend.js)

2. Open the /wp-content/plugins/wpforo/wpf-assets/js/ folder and replace the following two files with the files from the jsfiles.zip folder: 

ajax.js
frontend.js

3. Navigate to Dashboard > Forums > Dashboard admin page, click on the "Delete All Caches" button. If you have other cache plugins please delete those plugins caches as well. 

4. Delete the browser caches and check again. 
Wendell
(@wendell)

Reputable Member

@sofy

Thank you! I've installed the new files and have instructed the users reporting the problem to refresh their browser caches. I'll let you know how it goes.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @wendell,

This issue is solved in 1.6.5 version. Please update, then delete all caches.

Page 1 / 2