Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Users in multiple groups - possible?

27 Posts
12 Users
3 Reactions
12.8 K Views
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

I'm sorry but no yet. You should play with Usegroup-Access settings, you can do anything with this, it may take some more time but it's possible. Multi-Usergroup is not planned in 1.1.x versions.

GJC1
(@gjc1)
Eminent Member
Posted by: Robert

Multi-Usergroup is not planned in 1.1.x versions.

Thanks - that's useful to know

Topic starter
(@bbergman)

Well...Bummer. 🙁

Unfortunately, "playing" with usergroups doesn't get me too far. I just did a preliminary match of people and committees, and I'd need 13 separate usergroups to manage this. And heaven help me if two people change committees next year; I'd have to shuffle everyone, OR set up all combinations of forums (48 in total). It's just not manageable.

I guess I'm stuck on bbpress until you can work out users in multiple groups. Thanks anyhow.

Bruce

(@basatexcellent)
Trusted Member

I certainly hope this will make it, I have kind of the same issue as Bruce, with different customer forum and a forum for internal use. As my internal users switch from customer to customer every now and then it is very hard to keep track of all changes.

If it will hit next release please also consider the possibility to to clone a usergroup's permission (while creating a new one) as a mistake in the checkboxes is easily made.

Bas

(@twistedpatriot)
Posted by: basatexcellent

I certainly hope this will make it, I have kind of the same issue as Bruce, with different customer forum and a forum for internal use. As my internal users switch from customer to customer every now and then it is very hard to keep track of all changes.

If it will hit next release please also consider the possibility to to clone a usergroup's permission (while creating a new one) as a mistake in the checkboxes is easily made.

Bas

Tab and space bar are your friend when it comes to setting up user groups

I am subscribing as I really need this feature....  This is the first forum that I can think of in a VERY long time that would not allow members to be assigned to multiple user groups.  I would also like to see the default to be no global access when you create a user group.  If I wanted them to have global access I wouldn't be making a user group.  I would much rather have to assign the few areas I want that user group to have access.

Page 2 / 5