Clear all

[Solved] Users not appearing in usergroup list for some reason

21 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@ldpconnect)
Eminent Member

Just noticed something else going on that might be helpful for you to know.  The user is moved out of the "active" usergroup into the "Inactive" user group when the user logs in.  For example, when I log in as the user and don't see the expected access, I manually set the user to the active usergroup in the wordpress back office.  Once that's done, if I refresh the users front end page, I get the expected access.  But if I log that user out, and then log back in, the user loses access, and is being moved (somehow) back into the inactive group in the back office.  It seems the act of logging in removes the user from "active user" usergroup to "No Access to Forum" usergroup.  Any ideas on what could be going on?

Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

HI @ldpconnect,

There is something that affects on wpForo, please deactivate all plugins except wpForo, if you have custom codes in snippets(plugin) or theme functions.php file, please disable/comment them. Make sure that only wpForo is working on your Website.

And check the usergroup issue again.

7 Replies
(@ldpconnect)

Eminent Member

@chris Do you guys offer a service to fix this? I bought your Polls add-on and am very enthusiastic about launching this community forum.  It's all set up.  Just can't get this access issue resolved, and can't move forward until it is.  Perhaps gVectors can help because I've already bought an add-on, or perhaps there's an hourly rate?

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@ldpconnect,

Your issue is very specific, I have never seen such a thing, so we need to try several things to find out what's going on.

Have you done what I have mentioned in the above post?

(@ldpconnect)

Eminent Member

@chris I haven't messed with the plugins, no.  I'm not qualified to do that sort of thing, and my developers are immensely slow - hence my interest in engaging you all for support.  Short of providing me that, does WPforo have any known conflicts with other plugins?

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@ldpconnect,

I understand.

Plugin conflict on WordPress is normal, many users write here there issues, which turns out that are because of a plugin conflict, but we never faced such an issue that you have.

(@ldpconnect)

Eminent Member

@chris I have hired a developer to deactivated every plugin over the past two days (and theme) to find conflicts and the problem still exists. Are there other options to resolve the issue?

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@ldpconnect,

Please provide admin access, need to check wpForo and WordPress Members.

Send the admin credential to info[at]gvectors.com, mention this topic in the email, and let me know here that you have sent the email.

(@ldpconnect)

Eminent Member

@chris This is done and an email should now be with you with your access credentials.  I wasn't able to edit the content of that email, but it should arrive from "LDP Connect,".

Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

@ldpconnect,

Please Navigate to wpForo > Usergroups admin page, edit the Usergroup that your account is connected to and make sure that you have all CAN's enabled, after doing that try managing the user and see what result do you get.

4 Replies
(@ldpconnect)

Eminent Member

@chris It doesn't seem to have made a difference. Please see the video below:

https://www.loom.com/share/c8da2e78ebe34974a72d80b4f3ede1a3

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@ldpconnect,

Change the Usergroup CAN's as it was before.

I have changed AmyHayes Usergroup and would check it, and see when it turns back from Active Member to No Access Member.

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@ldpconnect,,

I have changed AmyHayes usergroup to Active Member day ago and didn't face any changes.

(@ldpconnect)

Eminent Member

@chris Yes, it looks like our developer figured out the problem.  I'm not sure exactly what it was, but he said something like a setting was set at "save session" which was creating a conflict when a user logged in again.  In case it's helpful to someone else...

Page 2 / 2