Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Why can't I use the buddypress friend private message function in wpForo?

7 Posts
2 Users
1 Reactions
Topic starter
(@zhangyang)
Eminent Member

I installed wpforo and BuddyPress, and used the friend function of BuddyPress, but his private message cannot be used. Why?

6 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

@zhangyang,

How you want to use BuddyPress friend private message function in wpForo?

5 Replies
(@zhangyang)

Eminent Member

@chris I just want to use the BuddyPress friend private message function normally. His private message can be opened, but after opening it, I cannot send a private message to others, it is blank

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@zhangyang,

If you are using wpForo User Profile, you cannot use BuddyPress friends Functionality.

There are 2 Options here:

If you want to use wpForo Profile Page, you can use wpForo Private Messages Addon for PM.

or you can change WpForo User Profile Page to BuddyPress User Profile Page to use BuddyPress User Profile Page options.
Change the Profile page to BuddyPress From Dashboard > wpForo > Settings > Members Profiles Settings > Profile Page Option.

(@zhangyang)

Eminent Member

@chris Thank you very much, now the problem is solved, I will consider using wpForo Private Messages Addon, his function is very powerful 

(@zhangyang)

Eminent Member

@chris Hello, I am interested in buying a plug-in here. I want to ask if this plug-in is a one-time use? Because I'm not very familiar with this plugin, I want to test it on my own site before migrating it

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@zhangyang,

wpForo addons have 3 License Type, Single Site License, 3 Site License, 10 Site License.

There is a Pre-Sale Questions Forum in the addon page where you can get information about the addon before buying it.

You can continue using the addon after the membership license expires, but you won't be able to update the plugin version if the membership license has been expired.

For more information about the addon please check the addons page:
https://gvectors.com/product-category/wpforo/
https://gvectors.com/product/wpforo-private-messages/