Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Widget Not Displaying Most Recent Topics

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@aaronmckeon)
Trusted Member

I have a widget displaying at www.peakprosperity.com that is meant to show the most recent forum posts (settings attached).  However, it is not updating to show the most recent posts.

• Widget is saying most recent post was 10 hours ago.
  • Actual most recent post was from ~4 hours ago

I have more screenshots but it only allows me one attachment.  Most recent posts can be found at https://peakprosperity.com/community/recent/?view=unread

Thanks for any help.

3 Replies
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

Those in the capture are not recent but UNread (per user/visitor). And i do not see ANYWHERE such a widget in your sidebars.

1 Reply
(@aaronmckeon)

Trusted Member

@dimalifragis the widget is not in the sidebar of the forum but on the frontpage of the website at www.peakprosperity.com (towards the bottom).  Unfortunately I've had to revert it back to "recent posts" widget because too many people were complaining that the "recent topics" was not working.

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

Not clear what you mean. Anyways, if ANY widget is not updating correctly on pages, it is 99% because of caching. wpForo (and most) widgets are NOT Ajax based and they "stay" in the cache.

There is no way to Ajax-load wpForo widgets i'm afraid, since they do not have a shortcode.

(actually they can, if you use Litespeed caching plugin)