[Solved] Wpforo 2.1.6 not showing with shortcode

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@astropixelprocessor)
Eminent Member

Hi support,

I have been trying to get wpforo 2 to work on my website using a staging website first.

The forum should show at: https://php8-wpforo.mystagingwebsite.com/community/

the community page in my wordpress settings has as only content the [wpforo] shortcode

And the board has the slug community

This was working always without issue on wpforo 1.x.x

Now after having updated to 2.1.6 following the upgrade guide here:

https://wpforo.com/docs/wpforo-v2/getting-started/update-to-wpforo-v2/

I sometimes am able to see the forum when I go to the page settings for the community slug and click on preview. The behaviour is inconsistent, sometimes the forum is shown, but mostly it is not. If i save/update the page. The forum is never shown on https://php8-wpforo.mystagingwebsite.com/community/

I have tried clearing the forum caches many times and also caching of my hosting party to no avail.

I am using :

PHP 8.2

wordpress 6.1.1

woocommerce 7.4.0

I have tried so many things and I have read related topics in this support forum, but I can not get it to work unfortunately. Any help or suggestion is very welcome to get this solved.

Could this issue be related to general Wordpress settings for shortcodes? If so, what settings should they be for this to work?

Thank you,

Mabula Haverkamp

4 Replies
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

Your page shows ok for me.

Still, i would suggest to switch to php 8.0 or 8.1.

Also this must be REMOVED:

<!--
	generated 50 seconds ago
	generated in 5.294 seconds
	served from batcache in 0.006 seconds
	expires in 250 seconds
-->
Topic starter
(@astropixelprocessor)
Eminent Member

@dimalifragis, thank you very much!

Not working though with FIrefox 110.0, I do see the forum with Microsoft Edge. Which browser were you using?

Where do you see those statistics ? I am not seeing that anywhere.

Mabula

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

I use Firefox 110.

Those are not statistics but caching for your WP. See your html source at the very end.

Topic starter
(@astropixelprocessor)
Eminent Member

Hi support &  @dimalifragis.

I have checked the source html of the staging website using firefox 110, but I am not seeing this at all I am afraid.

Why should I not use PHP 8.2 ? Is WPForo known to be not compatible yet with this?

Switching to PHP 8.0 or PHP 8.1 is not changing anything and the forum is simply not showing here. What can be the problem?

I am assuming that it must have something to do with caching, I will try to disable all caching of the site to see if that makes a difference.

EDIT: I think I have found the cause, I had to disable Jetpack Boost from using old generated CSS. Now I am seeing the forum reliably.

Mabula