5 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@engin)
Trusted Member

Hello,

I have 3 Boards with 3 new Usergroups. 

When the Main Forum or Category is in the relevant Board created you can assign permissions to relevant Usergroups. So far so good.

But when you create another Forum or Category, you need to assign permissions again for that particular Category.

İs there any shortcut to assign permissions only to the relevant usergroup, whenever a new Forum or Category is created in that particular Board? 

Thanks for your help

Cheers

4 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @engin,

Please let me know whether you refer to forums saying boards. Boards are separate forum pages, they should not be used like categories or forums. You should have only one board. Please read the documentation related to boards vs category vs forums:

Topic starter
(@engin)
Trusted Member

Hi @Robert

Thank you. I created 3 additional separate forums under the Boards option and it works however you wrote that:

You should have only one board.

I guess I am mixing the terminology. 

Any chance to check my website with an admin password if I would send you one?

Cheers

2 Replies
(@martin)

Support Team

@engin,

Boards are located in wpForo > Boards admin page

Categories and Forums are located in wpForo > Forums admin page

So if you have only one board in wpForo > Boards admin page then all is ok.

BTW, there is no any forum on the front end of your website. It seems you've set No Access to the Guest usergroup for all forums.

(@engin)

Trusted Member

Thank you @martin.

The Forum and the website are still improving and yes, I've set No Access to the Guest however I will change it once I sort it out. 

Since I have 4 different forums on my website, the subscribers are not allowed to see other forums except for the first one which is the General Forum open to guests and all subscribers ( including the other 3 forums' usergroups)  

The other 3 Forums are individually open for their unique Usergroup.  

Creating a forum is a very new field for me, I am still learning and I am trying to figure out what could be done to optimize the Forum. 

Therefore please forgive me if I am mixing the terminology and/or ıf I can not formulate it exactly.

Cheers