Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] WPforo integration with Memberpress on wp install

9 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@ncsfa-19)

The Memberpress plugin has it's own set of redirects after logging in and out.  Noting that wpforo also has it's own redirects, how can we integrate wpforo on a site that uses the well liked Memberpress plugin for memberships.  We want a simple forum that will be used mainly for questions and answers.  Replies are greatly appreciated.

Topic Tags
8 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Hi ncsfa-19,

I'm sorry, but I don't follow you. Please try to explain in other words. 

1 Reply
(@ncsfa-19)

We use Memberpress on our website.  We charge for memberships and after a paid member logs in, the memberpress plugin will redirect them to the page we select.  It also has permission rules that will not allow access to certain pages for the public or non-logged in user.

Your plugin ALSO had redirects after a forum user logs in or a separate type of member system with profiles, etc.   I believe it might be similar to ultimate member integration or buddypress integration.

I guess what I'm trying to ask is this.  Once a member logs in will they automatically be privy to the forum if I have permissions set up for the forum.  Or will I have to set separate permissions also inside the forum for (logged-in members)?

Here's our site:  https://ncsfa.site/

webmaster stinsonclub
(@webmasterstinsonclub-org)
Trusted Member

I think he was asking about these fields, I would like to know the MP URLs too

1 Reply
(@ncsfa-19)

Thank you. 

I have nothing but praise for the memberpress plugin and have used it for over 5 years now.  We tried buddypress and bbpress at the beginning but it was way too top heavy.  All I'm looking for is a simple forum plugin for members and non-members.   Some parts of the forum will be privy to paying members only.  Then we'll have another simple forum for the non-paying members for stuff like asking questions.  So permissions are a big key for our goals. 

webmaster stinsonclub
Trusted Member

Anyone understand how these WPForo settings should be when using the MP plugin?

Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Hi @webmasterstinsonclub-org,

If you'd like to replace the Login/Registration/Reset Password Pages URLs to forum Login/Registration/Reset Password Page URLs you should keep those options enabled. 

1 Reply
webmaster stinsonclub

Trusted Member

So even though I have used the the redirect URLs to MemberPress. all 5 of the settings in the post above should be ON?

Also why are my attachments not "Visible" (just links) and yours ARE visible in the post?

Page 1 / 2