Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] wpforo Recent Posts Widget not showing avatars

24 Posts
4 Users
4 Likes
Topic starter
(@moonshadows)
Trusted Member

I see them in Edge and IE, but not Chrome or Firefox. 

Uploaded video to YouTube. See: https://youtu.be/AStdl_3L-8s  

(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

@moonshadows

Also i see you use somekind of caching for the forums. NO cache is working right with wpForo, keep that in mind. You shall exclude wpForo pages from caching.

3 Replies
(@moonshadows)

Trusted Member

@anonymous20

I will do this and see if the problem persists.

Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

@moonshadows

please keep us informed about the issue. 

(@anonymous20)

Noble Member

@moonshadows

Not saying that caching is the cause of your 2 issues. Just saying that NO caching plugin works 100% right with wpForo. Using caching you have usually issues serving old data or realtime events not working.

Topic starter
(@moonshadows)
Trusted Member

1. Guess we're just seeing two different things, but I don't know why.

2. This problem only started yesterday after wpforo fixed the problem of my new members not showing up in my member list. Never happened before.

Topic starter
(@moonshadows)
Trusted Member

Thank you @Sofy and @Anonymous20

I got tired of slow shared hosting and switched to Cloudways Managed hosting 1 1/2 months ago, which has greatly improved my sites speed and availability. (You get what you pay for.) Cloudways uses the Breeze WordPress cache plugin and Varnish, which is an http accelerator cache designed for content-heavy websites. I have now excluded my wpforo from being cached in both, and this solved the problem of seeing full page posts in Chrome!  (I wonder if Breeze and Varnish could have been the culprit behind new members not getting confirmation/password emails, and not being included on the Members List? I don't know since I really don't fully understand all of this.)

Still can't see avatars in Chrome or Firefox, even though I have that widget option checked. I did try unchecking, saving, re-checking, and saving again to no avail. (Sometimes when they disappear in Edge, doing that brings them back.)...but I can live with this.

If you have any other ideas about the avatars, just let me know.

Thanks.

Jim

(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

Nice to see (for a change) people solving their problems because they DO know what they are doing.

Glad you solved half of your problems.

Page 2 / 4