Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Migrate from Kunena

24 Posts
5 Users
4 Likes
Topic starter

I want to migrate from kunena, is there a way ?

I tjink many people migrating from Joomla are interested .

Thank you

All Suggestions are welcome
https://adultforum.gr/

22 Answers

Thank you for the suggestion,

You can use Go2wpForo Tool.

For an advanced and customized migration you can contact to professional migration services like these:

In case you want to say thank you !)
We'd really appreciate and be thankful if you leave a good review on plugin page. This is the best way to say thank you to this project and support team.

Hi Robert, i 'm interesting me too for this option ! is possible to know when you have it in work if you don't mind..?  

Thanks,

Demetris

Hi Demetris,

We'll try to finish this by end of October.

We'd really appreciate and be thankful if you leave a good review on plugin page. This is the best way to say thank you to this project and support team.

That is good news ! thanks Robert ! 

Hi @demetris,

There are many combinations of Joomla and Kunena versions, so we cannot include all those in Go2wpForo tool. We may include the latest version and some versions near to the latest. Please let us know the Joomla and the Kunena forum versions you're currently using.

Hi @Robert

Well I use the latest which is Joomla 3.8.13  Kunena 5.1.4 (codename Enceladus).

Please let me now if you need any other info's.  🙂 

Hi  Robert !   Have you any news about..?    🙂 

Robert Robert 21/10/2018 9:29 pm
Posted by: Demetris

Hi  Robert !   Have you any news about..?    🙂 

As I've mentioned above we plan to release Joomla Kunena to wpForo migration option by end of this month.

Topic starter

Here we have any update?

All Suggestions are welcome
https://adultforum.gr/

Dear @central4allgmail-com,

I'm sorry but we haven't finished it yet. I'll update this topic once I got some news for you.

In case you want to say thank you !) We'd really appreciate and be thankful if you leave a good review on plugin page. This is the best way to say thank you to this project and support team.

Hi @central4allgmail-com, @demetris,

The new go2wpForo version is available. Please download the latest version and start the migration process. 

Backup your website database, all WordPress tables with wp_.
Please note wp_ is just a default WordPress database table prefix, your database cannot use this prefix (wp_wpforo_ tables is required). 

Sorry for the delayed response. It took some time to test the new version and do our best to improve it.

In case you want to say thank you !) We'd really appreciate and be thankful if you leave a good review on plugin page. This is the best way to say thank you to this project and support team.

Well, thank you Sofy for the response !  I try it and i update the thread  in any case.  🙂 

This post was modified 5 years ago by Demetris

Hi there, i try to convert.  I do all the steps, connect to database OK.

And the other  settings as in photos

but when i click  to  "Next step" i get this error:

Migrate2wpForo Notice: We can't find this board on this system

Please look at screens

This post was modified 5 years ago 2 times by Demetris

Hi @demetris,

As far as I see you've missed the "Second prefix" field. 

Kunena is not a standalone forum, it is an extension for Joomla CMS. So you need to fill the "Database Table Prefix" > " jos_  ", and "Database Table Second Prefix " > "  kunena_   "

Please note jos_ is just a Joomla database tables default prefix. In your case, the prefix can be different.

Also, the  kunena_   is a Kunena database tables default prefix (can be different in your case). 

In conclusion, all your forum date should be saved in "  jos_kunena_ " tables. 

Hi   Sofy, thanks for response.

All  prefixes are "as_"  and there is not exist any that start from "kunena_ "  please look at the phpmyadmin tables screenshot.

http://imgbox.com/OX4hampM

This post was modified 5 years ago by Demetris
Page 1 / 2