6 Users
3 Reactions
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member
Topic starter
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member

I am also finding this site (wpforo) to be running much slower than it has in the past.... is anyone else finding this?

3 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@percysgrowroom,

wpForo.com has been migrated from a powerful dedicated server to small shared hosting on name.com. We spend 19 times less here ($200 vs $11). So the speed could be a little slower. We found out that wpForo could also work very well on a small shared hosting. Yes, it's a little slower on this hosting, but it's not critical. We save a lot here.

(@percysgrowroom)

Noble Member

@robert Thanks for letting me know Robert. I was just wondering if the slowness of my site was related to software and it was also affecting your site. I appreciate the reply. Thanks

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

@robert Good move to switch away from OVH garbage collector.

(@rilame)

Posted by: @percysgrowroom

I have:

16gb RAM

250GB NVMe SSD Storage

3TB Transfer

6 Cores 

I assume these are VPS specs and not the dedicated servers. If so then you need server Upgrade mate. I saw your forum and looks like there were more than 50 users online. WordPress is resource intensive. Even with all the software level optimizations, it's not good enough. I would suggest you go with bigger server with load balancing

Topic starter
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member

I still have lots of posts where they are liked numerous times by the same person. How can I fix this? Any idea?

11 Replies
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

@percysgrowroom I apologize if i will (again) sound like cliché suggestion, but have you enabled Wordpress debug to a log for at least 48 hours?

And if so, is the debug log clean?

(@martin)

Support Team

Hi @percysgrowroom,

I think it's time to reset your forum likes. We can lave the recent 1000 likes and remove others. Please confirm if you want. This will not reset MyCRED points but it'll make your forum much lighter and some bugs could be fixed as well.

(@percysgrowroom)

Noble Member

@martin I am not sure that is what my users want. some of them have over 50k likes and they will not like losing their badges for it. Is there a different way we can go about fixing this? This way isn't user friendly.

(@percysgrowroom)

Noble Member

@martin Still waiting for an alternative fix for this mate any ideas? Deleting my users likes is not really an option. I don't see any other forums having to delete users likes to make the forum work properly.....

Id there a limit to how many members wpforo can support? I would like to get this issue resolved with minimal impact to my users....

(@martin)

Support Team

@percysgrowroom ,

You use MyCRED, and this is the reason of your issue. We cannot support issues cased by mycred plugin, instead of that we suggest archive very old reactions. 

So if you don't want it, then you should contact MyCRED support and ask them optimize their SQLs. You can disable MyCRED plugin (not the addon) and see the differences. 

In other words, there is no issues with wpForo speed, likes are cached and they work fast. The issue comes from MyCRED sqls.

(@percysgrowroom)

Noble Member

@martin I hate to come across as rude mate, but I haven't paid mycred for anything, I bought the plug in from Gvectors. If there is an issue I would say it was on Gvectors to find out why it is no longer working right with their plugin My Cred integration? 

(@martin)

Support Team

@percysgrowroom ,

It's not an integration problem. It's just a MyCRED problem. Integration is only designed to +/- points. It doesn't control MyCRED SQLs, so we don't have any choice to fix MyCRED sql issues. 

(@percysgrowroom)

Noble Member

@martin Mycred have told me this is not their problem, it is GVectors who need ot fix it.... passed from pillar to post again.... sometimes a really regret starting my forum on Wpforo. As it has grown and got bigger I realise Wpforo doesn't seem to be able to handle big forums. And it doesn't have a lot of the features other forums software has. 

What other forum software is wpforo compatible with? Am I able to move off wpforo onto new software like Vbulletin or something similar. I just think my forum is too big for this now. I have been asked to delete all of the likes on ym forum..... I don't see any other forum who has had to do something like this. 

It would be a massive pain to move to new software, but I intend to see my forum grow bigger and bigger. If wpforo is not able to handle that then maybe it is a good time for me to move somewhere else? 

I would prefer to stay, but things need to be working better than this. I want my forum to be better than the others, and having these problems and the only solution being to delete all of my users likes are not going to make my forum the best. 

Sorry for the rant, but this is getting frustrating 

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@percysgrowroom,

Ok, we're going to log in and check the issue again.  We'll let you know whether this is an unresolvable conflict with mycred, if so you'll have to change the forum software because I see mycred support is not going to optimize its SQL's.
Please send the admin login details to support@gvectors.com email address.

(@percysgrowroom)

Noble Member

@chris OK, ill send them again. Once logged in there is a chat box we can talk privately in so I can show you were many of the posts wit this problem is if you need to.

(@percysgrowroom)

Noble Member

@martin I have made a post on the gvectors website. Thanks for your speedy reply I will see what they can do there

Page 2 / 2