Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] issue with the database host etc stuff on smf to wpforo

1 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter

I keep getting the error on the last step, we cannot find this board. 

I am assuming when I click the automated button to fill in the data for database host name etc is wrong? I just click the button at the bottom that auto fills it and says status ok ok then next step cannot find this board on the last page.

Is it where my wpforo is? or my smf info. If anyone can help me find the info its asking for such as 

database host, database username, database password, database name, database table prefix, database table ssecond prefix

1 Answer

Hi @taeian,

Where is located your SMF database? If it's in other server, are you sure the remote access to MySQL server is enabled to your SMF database? To avoid this issue, I recommend move the SMF database tables to WordPress database and move all SMF files to WordPress file system in a /smf/ folder. In this case all access to database tables, attached files and avatars will be very easy for Go2wpForo tool.

In case you want to say thank you !)
We'd really appreciate and be thankful if you leave a good review on plugin page. This is the best way to say thank you to this project and support team.