[Closed] wpForo 1.4.4 is released!
We just released wpForo 1.4.4 version and then 126.96.36.199 with some small changes.
IMPORTANT: If you're updating from 1.4.2 and lower versions and you have customized wpforo template files in WordPress active theme's /wpforo/ folder, please remove those before updating to 1.4.4 version. wpForo 1.4.4 doesn't support old template files.
1. Guest Posting is here!
wpForo becomes more Guest Friendly with this version. We added many functions and features to engage forum guests. Now they are able to post topics and posts, quote others' content, edit own posts, set own topic resolved and attach files. To enable guest posting you should edit the "Read Only" forum access in Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Forum Accesses admin page and enable forum permissions you want.
2. Built-in Google reCAPTCHA
Please don't forget about the security. We've also added built-in Google reCAPTCHA function. You should configure it and enable for Guest Topic and Post Editors.
In case you don't have antispam protection for Login / Register and Reset password forms you can enable wpForo reCAPTCHA for these forms too.
All settings are available in Dashboard > Forums > Tools > Antispam Tab:
3. Redesigned Login / Register and Reset Password pages
4. Font size changing button on topic and post editor toolbar
5. Recent Posts page with two displaying types Topics/replies and Posts
You can change Recent Posts page display type in Dashboard > Settings > Forums > Topics & Posts admin page. Option name "Recent Posts Display Type".
Left - Recent posts list | Right - Topic lists with recent posts and replies
- Added: Option to replace default Reset Password page to wpForo page
- Added: Tracks a.com as internal on b.a.com forum and doesn't add nofollow
- Added: More intuitive user @mentioning, ignores last symbols (, . " / ! ...)
- Added: Option to disable user @mentioning and Nicenames under avatar
- Added: Custom redirection URLs after login/register/confirm subscription.
- Added: Not allowed CAN's are disabled for according Forum Accesses
- Added: Czech Translation (cs_CZ), many thanks to Pavel Polívka,
- Fixed Bug: Problem with complete replacing website avatars to wpForo avatar
- Fixed Bug: User can't see admin posts in own private topic.
- Fixed Bug: Issue with Facebook avatars sources (lastmod sufix).
- Fixed Bug: Uppercase extension problem (two avatar files for one user)
- Fixed Bug: Delete post doesn't update topic last modified date
- Fixed Bug: Delete topic doesn't update forum last topic information
- To load your customized colors please refresh forum front-end page twice.
- If you have a Cache Plugin, please delete all caches after wpForo update.
- If you use CDN and found some issue please purge it.
- If you have an old (1.4.2 or lower) customized copy of wpForo forum template files in your WP theme /wpforo/ folder please update them.
- If you see style issues after update, please refresh forum page twice or do Ctrl+F5 on forum front-end to load new styles.
- If you have wpForo addons, please update them right after wpForo forum update. Don’t update them before wpForo forum update.
- In case you update forum and you have a large database, please make your forum faster using this instruction…
Trouble is 99.99% of those image links were edited in via the source button but for some reason all reverted to text after this update.
If you have <img src> in editor Text mode then it should work without any issue. If you don't have it means you've not inserted those in Text mode. Please open a separate topic and leave screenshot of a post with Rich and Text mode and leave a direct link to see how this post is displaying.
I don't see the recent posts menu item showing in my forum menu.
I've tried searching for a recent post page in the forum menu editor but nothing found.
Is the recent posts page created automatically or does it have to be created?
I do have a CDN which I have purged but no joy.
This page is created automatically if you do a new install. If you update it you should add this menu in Dashboard > Appearance > Menus > wpForo Navigation Menu. More info:
Recent Posts Menu Shortcode: /%wpforo-recent%/
Thanks, that worked for me.
Please tell me, how can I fix this? This gap.
this is not wpForo issue. It seems you're copping text from Word or from other place with non Unicode chars and pasting in forum editor. Just edit and delete these chars.
This sign is present in many places on the forum. Fix thousands of posts ...
As far as I see this is a migrated forum and the source forum char-set (encoding) doens't match to current forum char-set. I don't think this is something we could help you here. This is content specific issue, this can not be fixed from wpForo core. wpForo like a WordPress just output your database. You should use some SQL query to remove these unknown chars from database. You can contact to person who migrate it and ask them to fix this issue. Also please open a separate support topic if you have farther questions. This topic is for 1.4.4 release specific issues. This issue has no direct relation to version update.
Thank you for your feedback on v1.4.4. All posts are taken under consideration and most of them are already fixed. Topic is closed. For new issues please open a separate support topics for according forums.