[Closed] wpForo 1.7.0 is released!
We just released wpForo 1.7.0 middle version!
Mostly this version includes major changes in core architecture. wpForo is well optimized and made more flexible for future development. The future versions development will be easier and faster. Lots of hooks are added too.
Almost all addons are improved with new major functions. We're currently preparing those to release...
Important update notes
- Some JS and CSS files are changed, please refresh (press Ctrl+F5) on forum front-end twice to reset browser cache, otherwise you'll see crashed design.
- If you have a Cache or Minifier/Optimizer plugins please delete all caches after wpForo update.
- If you use CDN and found some issue please purge it.
- Forum template files are modified. The modifications were made in layout files to add "jump to unread post" functionality. Also, the header.php is modified and added User Notification Bell in the menu bar section. If you have an old customized copies of forum template files in your WP theme /wpforo/ folder please update those.
1. In Forum Notification
Finally, we added in forum user notification system. This is the first version so it'll be actively improved with new features in upcoming versions. Currently, it notifies for:
- - New reply in your topic
- - New reply / quote to your post
- - New like to your post
- - New up / down vote to your post
2. My Profile and Notifications Widget
In case you've disabled forum menu bar with the Notification Bell you still have an option to get forum notifications using My Profile and Notifications widget. If you use the notification bell in Menu bar you can disable the bell in widget using widget options.
This widget is very flexible. All components can be disabled. For guests this widget displays [login] and [registration] buttons with different widget title. You can change widget titles too. Also, you can fully disable this widget for guests and keep it only for logged-in users.
3. Jump to the First Unread Post
This function is directly added in topic links by default. All topic links on forum home page, on forums list and topics list are already enabled to refer you to your first unread post. Just make sure you're logged-in.
Another way to let people see unread posts is showing [new] indicator next to topic titles.
This [new] indicator can be a link to first unread post or a simple indicator. It depends on the corresponding options in Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Features admin page.
- Added: PHP 7.4 compatibility
- Added: In Forum User Notification
- New reply in your topic
- New reply / quote to your post
- New like to your post
- New up / down vote to your post
- Added: Notification Bell on menu bar
- Added: Real-time user notification
- Added: My Profile & Notifications widget
- Added: User Notification Bell on the widget
- Added: Option to manage user notifications
- Added: Topic links go to the first unread post
- Added: [new] indicator at the end of topic titles
- Added: Go to first unread links and [new] indicator in Recent Topic widget
- Added: Options to manage topic links and [new] indicator
- Added: Smooth, multi-step user synchronization
- Added: Smooth, multi-step user and topics statistic update
- Added: New permission - Can access to attachments
- Added: Forums > Phrases using WordPress table builder
- Added: Forums > Moderation using WordPress table builder
- Added: Forums > Members using WordPress table builder (new fields)
- Added: ru_RU Translation by wpForo.RU Team
- Added: Pre-submit user register validation
- Added: Forum search page URL - example.com/community/?foro=search
- Added: Replaced all ?wpforo=x URLs to ?foro=x
- Added: TinyMCE editor loading
- Added: Allow font-awesome icons in TinyMCE editor
- Added: Hook to disable message bubble 'wpforo_message_bubble'
- Updated: Font-awesome lib updated to 5.11.2
- User Custom Field Addon: Allows to set default value for custom fields
- User Custom Field Addon: Option to display default values on profile page
- Advanced Attachment Addon: File attachment with a quick Attach Files button
- Advanced Attachment Addon: User Media Library moved to editor bottom side
- Advanced Attachment Addon: Upload and insert image thumbnails in post editor
- Fixed Bug: Parent forum unread status when all are read in sub-forums
- Fixed Bug: Settings > Styles colors list symmetry issue
- Fixed Bug: Breadcrumb issue on mobile devices
- Fixed Bug: Some phrases cannot be translated
- Fixed Bug: Topic editor errors "toolbar x button plugin is not found"
- Fixed Bug: BuddyPress and UM user subscription tab issue
- Fixed Bug: 404 error, page not found if URL contains "~" symbol
- Fixed Bug: Dark style issues
- Fixed Bug: Empty URLs in forum sitemap
- Fixed Bug: Duplicated Message Bubble
- Fixed Bug: 500 Server Error, fixed by Mark all read button
- Fixed Bug: Security issues reported by Yann Faure (Leboncoin - Adevinta French Team)
- Fixed Bug: Can View Signature usergroup permission doesn't work
- Optimization: Duplicated SQL queries, SQL optimization.
P.S. This is a middle version so it took about 3 months development. And this was not the only reason of this delay. We were also engaged in other gVectors Team plugin major version development. A few days ago we at gVectors Team released the major 7 Beta version of wpDiscuz Comment Plugin. This is a revolution in WordPress Comment Systems world for sure. You can check it here: https://beta.wpdiscuz.com/
I have a question, is it possible that the new Notification Bell will integrate with the Private Messages addon in the future? It would be great if it could display notifications when users have new private messages.
I can start a new topic if that is a better place to discuss.
Thanks again 😊
Yes, we'll add it in the new notification system in upcoming versions.