13 K Views
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter

Posted by: @central4allgmail-com
Posted by: @robert

This [new] indicator can be a link to first unread post

Can this somehow added in the recent posts ?

I am asking this, because i am waiting more than 1 year and the half for this.

I'm sorry but not, it can't be added now. This is still under consideration and maybe added as separate "Unread Posts" widget not in the "Recent Posts" widget.

In case you want to say thank you !)
We'd really appreciate and be thankful if you leave a good review on plugin page. This is the best way to say thank you to this project and support team.

Posted : 05/02/2020 6:01 pm
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter

Posted by: @maxelio42

Hi,

Did you correct this issue with this update?

Thanks!

We just tested and didn't found such issue. It seems the issue is resolved. However, I think you had some wrong configuration. The No Access permission should be set for the whole tree of forums. I mean not only the parent forum should be configured with No Access, but all further forums and sub-forums should be edited and set No Access to the usergroup you want. I think you had only configured the parent category/forums and sub forums were not set No Access to that usergroup.

We'd really appreciate and be thankful if you leave a good review on plugin page. This is the best way to say thank you to this project and support team.

Posted : 05/02/2020 6:16 pm
(@maxelio42)
Estimable Member

@robert

I'm sorry, but I already checked this, and I can confirm the parent forum AND every sub-forum connected to it are in "No access" mode for every non-authorized member role.

I will soon make another "crash" test with this, and come back to you...

Posted : 05/02/2020 7:28 pm
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter

Posted by: @maxelio42

@robert

I'm sorry, but I already checked this, and I can confirm the parent forum AND every sub-forum connected to it are in "No access" mode for every non-authorized member role.

I will soon make another "crash" test with this, and come back to you...

ok, please open a separate topic and provide screenshots of Forum Access settings on Forum Edit Screen for the whole forum tree. Also, provide the screenshot of the "No Access" forum access edit screen.

Posted : 05/02/2020 7:33 pm
RealAct
(@realact)
Reputable Member

I like the new widget, Is there a way to center the whole panel with the icons for  Profile, Account, Activity etc so that it shows in the middle of the sidebar? currently it's aligned to the left.

Thank you.

PS: Never mind, I centered with CSS.

Posted : 06/02/2020 12:15 am
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter

@realact

Yes, it's very easy, I hope you used this CSS code:

#wpf-widget-profile .wpf-prof-footer .wpf-prof-buttons {
      text-align: center;
}

Posted : 06/02/2020 9:01 am
(@cmw14)
Estimable Member

Fantastic update guys, smoothest yet. 👍 

One query though, any idea why my new flags only show up on the main forum sections but not in the sidebar widget? Not overly bothered just curious, see attachment below for example.

Posted : 06/02/2020 9:31 am
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter

@cmw14

A recent post can't contain unread post, it's one post. The [new] indicator is designed for Recent Topics widget. The Recent Post widget doesn't have that. We'll work on this widget in next update.

Posted : 06/02/2020 9:37 am
cmw14 reacted
RealAct
(@realact)
Reputable Member

@robert

H,i we used the following:

#wpf-widget-profile .wpf-prof-footer .wpf-prof-buttons {
width: 190px;
margin: 3px auto 0 auto;
}

Do you think we should use yours instead? Also how can I translate words like "Days" "Hours" etc, I cannot find them on the language strings, I attempted to create a new one with those words, but it doesn't work.

Posted : 07/02/2020 11:21 pm
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter

Posted by: @realact

@robert

H,i we used the following:

#wpf-widget-profile .wpf-prof-footer .wpf-prof-buttons {width: 190px;margin: 3px auto 0 auto;}

Do you think we should use yours instead? Also how can I translate words like "Days" "Hours" etc, I cannot find them on the language strings, I attempted to create a new one with those words, but it doesn't work.

Thank you @realact,

You can use any css you want. Just make sure it looks well on all devices and sizes of screen.

The days and hours words should be translated from your WordPress. These are WordPress core components, and they are translated if you select correct language in WordPress Settings > General admin page. These are not wpForo phrases.

Posted : 08/02/2020 9:44 am
 Eva
(@eva)

Hey guys! Thank you for including our bug report in this update, it fixed the bug for us!

Fixed Bug: Parent forum unread status when all are read in sub-forums

I have a question, is it possible that the new Notification Bell will integrate with the Private Messages addon in the future?  It would be great if it could display notifications when users have new private messages.

I can start a new topic if that is a better place to discuss. 

Thanks again 😊 

Eva

Posted : 08/02/2020 11:54 pm
RealAct reacted
RealAct
(@realact)
Reputable Member

@robert

Thanks, that makes sense.

Now I have another another little annoyance. Some of the icons on the notifications are missing, how do I fix that? I have attached another screenshot highlighting the area where it occurs.

Thanks.

Posted : 09/02/2020 12:00 am
RealAct
(@realact)
Reputable Member

@eva

Absolutely agree with that, as a matter of fact I was a little disappointed when I realized private messages were not part of the notifications widget. 🙂

Posted : 09/02/2020 12:34 am
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter

@robert

Thanks, that makes sense.

Now I have another another little annoyance. Some of the icons on the notifications are missing, how do I fix that? I have attached another screenshot highlighting the area where it occurs.

Thanks.

This is a conflict with your theme. You should put this CSS code in the top black admin bar > Customize > Additional CSS textarea. Save it, delete all caches and do Ctrl+F5 on forum front.

.wpf-notification-content .fa-reply:before {
   content: "\f3e5" !important;
}

Posted : 09/02/2020 7:34 am
RealAct reacted
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter

@eva

Absolutely agree with that, as a matter of fact I was a little disappointed when I realized private messages were not part of the notifications widget. 🙂

As it has described in release summary, this is a first version of notification system, it's under active improvement. So the PM will be added too.

Posted : 09/02/2020 7:36 am
Page 4 / 5