64 Posts
17 Users
38 Likes
12.2 K Views
(@user)
Eminent Member

Posted by: @robert

@userd

We just updated the core and fixed your case (index.php in URL). So you can disable wpForo, delete it, then search and install it again. Also, you can remove the suggested URL in Forums > Members admin page.

@robert

Url issue is solved.

Posted : 04/02/2020 8:50 pm
(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

Posted by: @userd

@robert

Url issue is solved.

I still see index.php as part of your url. Remove that part from permalinks (in Wordpress permalinks) before it is too late. Now you have 20 posts and i will not matter. After some time you will not be able to remove it without loosing the indexed topics in google.

Posted : 04/02/2020 9:02 pm
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter

Posted by: @mosleythecat

I updated the Embeds plug-in to Version 2.0.0 without upgrading WPForo to 1.7 and got the following error that killed the site:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function wpforo_array_args_cast_and_merge() in /home/xxxx/public_html/football.xxxx/wp-content/plugins/wpforo-embeds/wpforoembeds.php:172

Does the Embeds 2.0 version require the WPForo 1.7 version?

Hi @mosleythecat,

The wpForo 1.7.0 is required. Please update to 1.7.0 version or use old versions of wpForo Embeds addon. For further support please open a support topic in gVectors Support forum at: https://gvectors.com/forum/

In case you want to say thank you !)
We'd really appreciate and be thankful if you leave a good review on plugin page. This is the best way to say thank you to this project and support team.

Posted : 04/02/2020 9:07 pm
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter

Posted by: @anonymous20
Posted by: @userd

@robert

Url issue is solved.

I still see index.php as part of your url. Remove that part from permalinks (in Wordpress permalinks) before it is too late. Now you have 20 posts and i will not matter. After some time you will not be able to remove it without loosing the indexed topics in google.

We solved this issue. The index.php doesn't make problems anymore.

We'd really appreciate and be thankful if you leave a good review on plugin page. This is the best way to say thank you to this project and support team.

Posted : 04/02/2020 9:08 pm
(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

We solved this issue. The index.php doesn't make problems anymore.

Sure, still not a good practice to have that in your permalinks. bad bad idea. We all try to have the shortest url we can, so we can index better.

Posted : 04/02/2020 9:10 pm
Sofy and Robert reacted
RealAct
(@realact)
Reputable Member

This seems to have been one of the smoothest major upgrades we have done to the forum on our site. Everything appears to be working fine so far. Aside from the site being a little slower (Because we had to clear ALL caches, including CloudFlare) everything appears to be working as expected. We didn't even need to purge the CDN. Our site has over 13K registered members.

Congrats on the excellent update WPForo team.

Posted : 05/02/2020 2:14 am
Robert and Sofy reacted
VereK
(@verek)
Honorable Member

3. Jump to the First Unread Post

This function is directly added in topic links by default. All topic links on forum home page, on forums list and topics list are already enabled to refer you to your first unread post. Just make sure you're logged-in.

Robert, if I understand this correctly the function will not work on recent and unread?

Posted : 05/02/2020 12:09 pm
(@jimmy-george)
Trusted Member

Posted by: @jimmy-george

Hi @robert and @martin,

First of all, congratulations and kudos for coming out with such a spectacular update. I was actually told that the next version will have a hook where I can change the log in and register link sources at this thread https://wpforo.com/community/how-to-and-troubleshooting-2/which-files-contain-log-in-register-modal-code/

Can you please confirm if this is included in the update because I did not see it mentioned individually. Thank you

Yes, the hook is added. Once you updated,

you should use 'wpforo_login_or_register_popup_message' filter hook. Just  put this code in your current active theme functions.php file:

function custom_wpforo_login_register_message( $html ){
return 'Please <a href="#" data-toggle="modal" data-target="#sign-in-modal">Sign in</a> or <a href="#" data-toggle="modal" data-target="#sign-up-modal">Register</a>';
}
add_filter('wpforo_login_or_register_popup_message', 'custom_wpforo_login_register_message', 10);

How to Easily Add Custom Code in WordPress

I just had the changes made by my developer and can confirm that the code works like a CHARM!!!! Thanks so much again for incorporating this.

Posted : 05/02/2020 1:45 pm
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter

Posted by: @verek

This function is directly added in topic links by default. All topic links on forum home page, on forums list and topics list are already enabled to refer you to your first unread post. Just make sure you're logged-in.

Robert, if I understand this correctly the function will not work on recent and unread?

How can a post have a first unread post?

Posted : 05/02/2020 4:15 pm
(@maxelio42)
Estimable Member

Hi,

Did you correct this issue with this update?

Thanks!

Posted : 05/02/2020 5:33 pm
(@central4allgmail-com)
Prominent Member

Can be unread post or unread postS .

I am sure that you are tired all these days making the updates, but listen to us please.

We want the good of WPforo not because we are saints , but because good for wpforo means good for us.

All Suggestions are welcome
https://adultforum.gr/

Posted : 05/02/2020 5:37 pm
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter

Posted by: @central4allgmail-com

Can be unread post or unread postS .

I am sure that you are tired all these days making the updates, but listen to us please.

We want the good of WPforo not because we are saints , but because good for wpforo means good for us.

Thank you for your care. I'm just asking you be clear, nothing else. Now you're asking to add the unread posts in the post widget, and you've already got an answer for this suggestion in your topic. I have nothing to add.

Posted : 05/02/2020 5:41 pm
(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

I would like to ask if the option for users to disable mentioning emails is included with this update, because if it is ... i can't find it.

Thank you !

Posted : 05/02/2020 5:52 pm
VereK reacted
(@central4allgmail-com)
Prominent Member

This [new] indicator can be a link to first unread post

Can this somehow added in the recent posts ?

I am asking this, because i am waiting more than 1 year and the half for this.

All Suggestions are welcome
https://adultforum.gr/

Posted : 05/02/2020 5:55 pm
(@martin)
Support Team Moderator

Posted by: @anonymous20

I would like to ask if the option for users to disable mentioning emails is included with this update, because if it is ... i can't find it.

Thank you !

Please open a separate topic and explain it more. As far as I know the user mentioning and email sending was added very long time ago.