[Closed] wpForo 1.9.4 is released!
We've just released wpForo 1.9.4 version.
Lots of bugs are fixed. The core and AJAX functions are optimized.
Important update notes
- Almost all JS files are changed, so it's important to delete all caches, purge optimizer plugin caches and CDN. Then you should reset your browser cache on forum front-end by pressing CTRL+F5. If your browser is Safari/Mac press [CMD] + [ALT] + [E] on forum frontend.
- If you have Minifier/Optimizer plugins please delete all caches after wpForo update.
- In case you have customized forum template files and found some issues, you should update them with the new 1.9.4 version of template files.
Option to locate editor toolbar
When you write a long text in the topic editor you're getting far from the editor toolbar located on the top of the editor. So, each time you need to use it, you have to scroll up and click on the formatting buttons. We've added an option to move the editor toolbar from the top to bottom. Thus, it's always close to your writing area and makes it easy to use any formatting button without scrolling up and down. The option is located in Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Topics & Posts Tab. You can manage the toolbar location for topic and post editor separately.
New permissions "Can enter..." for Forum Accesses
The newly added "Can enter forum" and "Can enter topic" permissions don't allow entering users in forums or topics while letting them see the titles based on "Can view forum" and "Can view topic" permissions. In other words, you can show topic titles but don't let them enter and see posts. When a user clicks a topic link he/she see a message like "The level of your Usergroup is not appropriate" or "You need a higher level of permission to see the content".
You can read this FAQ topic to see how wpForo Forum Accesses control user accesses to certain forum based on the user Usergroup: https://wpforo.com/community/faq/wordpress-user-roles-wpforo-usergroups-and-forum-accesses/
New Addon: wpForo Topic Prefix & Tag Manager
This addon is actually designed to make going through the forums and finding threads with the similar content a lot easier. Topic prefixes can be used to filter forums and can be combined with a keyword search to help users find what they are looking for.
In addition to lots of features, this addon allows you to add, edit, delete topic tags and convert them to prefixes.
New Addon: wpForo Syntax Highlighter
This addon was released a bit earlier. We've adapted the code [</>] button for inserting codes in post editor without losing indents and tabs. So, this addon will work better with wpForo 1.9.4 version for sure.
- Added: Option to control toolbar location on topic/post editor (top/bottom)
- Added: Hook to enable multi-site signup functions for forum registration
- Added: Hook to control image auto-embedding in posts
- Added: New permissions in forum accesses `Can enter forum` and `Can enter topic`
- Added: Missing phrases to wpForo phrase system
- Added: Slovak(SK) and Arabic (AR) language translation files
- Updated: CZ, DK, ES, HU, JA, NL, TR language translation files
- Fixed Bug: Line-break issue with user Signature and About fields
- Fixed Bug: Redirect back after login on non-forum login pages
- Fixed Bug: Problem with AJAX powered buttons, concurrent requests are enabled
- Fixed Bug: Issue with Topic Starter label when guest posting is enabled
- Fixed Bug: Post likes problem in threaded layout when the Object Cache disabled
- Fixed Bug: Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: fclose()
- Fixed Bug: Google reCAPTCHA problem on native WordPress login / register pages
- Fixed Bug: Lots of small bugs are fixed and all AJAX functions are optimized
@dimalifragis nearly bed time for me so i thikill do it when i get up, or maybe in five mins, you never know what im gonna do lol. Looks great though, well done team
Hi guys, some of my users on mobile found a big regarding the text tool bar.
When its moved to the bottom the text box isn't expanding as someone types.
Just a small issue, I wanted to let youll know, but stil, epic update and its been bug free so far. Excellent work everyone
Ok, thank you for letting us know. They can use the full-screen mode on mobiles. It works fine. We'll check this issue and fix in upcoming updates:
@robert I have put the tool bar back at the top for now and there is no problem. I will eave it like that and check on the next update but its just a minor thing 🙂
So far so good, thanks for the excellent update,
I'm glad you guys fixed the line break issues in signatures and profiles.
Thank you for your feedback on v1.9.4 version.
This topic is closed.