64 Reactions
(@nutritionchat)
Estimable Member

Looking forward to trying this - great work, guys. 👋

Posted : 04/08/2022 3:24 pm
Robert reacted
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member

Just letting you all know, the site (wpforo) is a lot slower when going from page to page. Usually your site is very fast, the upgrade seems to have slowed it down a little 

Check out my Wpforo forum, lots of customisations and add ons 🙂
Percys Grow Room

Posted : 04/08/2022 3:46 pm
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter

@percysgrowroom ,

We're getting hundreds of request per second, our server is very busy at the moment due to addons updates and lots of concurrent visitors . So this is the server issue not the wpForo update issue. The major update increased page views more than 30 times.

In case you want to say thank you !)
We'd really appreciate and be thankful if you leave a good review on plugin page. This is the best way to say thank you to this project and support team.

Posted : 04/08/2022 4:01 pm
Macky reacted
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member

@robert Cool, thanks for letting me know Robert, the update looks really nice man, great work mate 😉 I am looking forward to update my site on the weekend!

Percys Grow Room

Posted : 04/08/2022 4:38 pm
Robert reacted
Vít Hofman
(@vit-hofman)
Estimable Member

Hello, thank you for the update to version 2.0.
I don't quite share the enthusiasm with others.
I don't want to sound completely negative. Of course, this is a huge piece of work and a leap forward.
But basically, the forum as such remains practically the same. Users hardly even notice the change.
Overall, I'm looking forward to a little more improvements that would encourage lively discussion. This seems like a regular major update to me. I imagined version 2.0 to be more revolutionary.

So I'm looking forward to what new, paid add-ons you have planned.

But now I wonder. If I create a new forum - board on the website. So in addition to the original one, I will have one more new one. Can some parts of the original forum, including content, be moved to the new forum?

Thank you.

If we do only what we can to do, we would never do anything.

Posted : 04/08/2022 5:38 pm
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter

Posted by: @vit-hofman

But basically, the forum as such remains practically the same. Users hardly even notice the change.

Please read the changelog, I'd say the really is too far. The number of changes is tremendous:

• Multi-board: Allows to create multiple separate forum boards in the same WordPress website.
  • Multi-language: Using the multi-board system, you can create multiple separate forums for each language of your website.
  • New Settings Page: We’ve re-grouped and re-designed wpForo settings, now it’s very easy to find the option you want.
  • New Forum Theme: The new version comes with new 2022 theme and with completely redesigned forum layouts and style.
  • New Member Profile System: It’s fully changed with new features and modern design, becoming sitewide profile system.
  • New Registered User Approval: Keeps new registered users inactive until they are not activated by forum administrate.
  • Added: Redesigned Members Directory
  • Added: AJAX powered profile actions and sub-tabs
  • Added: Point based user reputation collected on new topic, post, like, dislike
  • Added: User following with corresponding (following and followers) tabs in profile
  • Added: User ban and edit buttons in users profile pages
  • Added: User soft and full deleting option
  • Added: Mute button to disable email notifications on user mentioning in posts
  • Added: Profile cover image
  • Added: Last login information on the profile page
  • Added: Separated sub-tabs All/Topics/Posts in Profile > Activity Tab
  • Added: Favored Tab with Bookmarks/Likes/Dislikes sub-tabs
  • Added: User profile page without forum header and footer
  • Added: Topic Overview: on the top of topics with quick stat and a tree of nested replies
  • Added: Topic specific statistics with participants and likes count
  • Added: Topic suggestion while typing topic title in new topic creation form
  • Added: Topic and Post bookmarking button allows adding them in “favored” list
  • Added: Topic managing buttons are moved from the first post to the top of all pages
  • Added: Topic and Posts Dislike button with new ui/ux
  • Added: Topic/Post filter in Dashboard > wpForo > Moderation admin page
  • Added: H1 headers in topic tags page
  • Added: Forum cover image, available for all layouts
  • Added: [Add Topic] button to all layouts on the forum home page
  • Added: Forum Jump dropdown in topics footer area
  • Added: Category and Forums widget with an option to display as dropdown
  • Added: Settings boxes grouping related options
  • Added: Settings live search field, jumping to found setting page
  • Antispam: Check links in topic custom fields and in signatures for auto moderation
  • Antispam: Option to set minimum number of approved posts to be able to edit own profile. Doesn’t allow spammers to create spam profile pages with lots of links and spam content.
  • Added: Toggle to keep collapsed wpForo menu shortcodes in Menus admin page
  • Added: New social network meta tag “og:local” in forum and topic pages
  • Added: Dashboard notification to exclude forum for 7 popular cache plugins
  • —–
  • Lots of options have been added in wpForo Settings
  • Lots of bugs have been fixed
  • The core is fully re-developed and optimized

We'd really appreciate and be thankful if you leave a good review on plugin page. This is the best way to say thank you to this project and support team.

Posted : 04/08/2022 7:02 pm
RealAct and dimalifragis reacted
(@novedddd)
Trusted Member

So.....for those of us who use (and prefer) the classic layout..what template will it automatically change to after the update?

Posted : 04/08/2022 11:08 pm
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

Posted by: @percysgrowroom

Just letting you all know, the site (wpforo) is a lot slower when going from page to page. Usually your site is very fast, the upgrade seems to have slowed it down a little 

Well, unfortunately wpForo 2.0.3 IS slower than version 1.9.

Just upgraded and see the stats of GT METRIX from a small forum:

Posted : 05/08/2022 1:53 am
Noved reacted
skyslot88
(@skyslot88)

nice info

Posted : 05/08/2022 6:07 am
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter

Posted by: @dimalifragis

Well, unfortunately wpForo 2.0.3 IS slower than version 1.9.

Just upgraded and see the stats of GT METRIX from a small forum:

It needs to be compared correctly, depending on the forum layouts and the number of enabled features. Here is the reality

• wpForo 1.9 has 60 features
  • wpForo 2.0 has 100 features

So, if you use 100 features then you have a more resource consuming program, if you use just 60 features than it's lighter. It's no need to do performance checking to see that.

wpForo 2.0 comes with all 100 features enabled by default. This is the main reason we're grouping features and creating MODULEs. wpForo is based on modules which can be disabled in board settings (wpForo > Board > Edit Board). In other words, we make wpForo modular to let you keep it even lighter and use only the features you want, in this way wpForo 2.0 will be much faster and lighter.

Even more, we're working on the core optimization on each version release. So the next version will be faster and the next version even faster... This is a continues work and the maximum performance optimization will be achieved in the first middle version 2.1.0.

Conclusion

It's obvious that wpForo v1 with 60 features is lighter than wpForo v2 with 100 features. But wpForo 2.0 is modular, and you can disable unnecessary features and make it faster than wpForo 1.9. At the moment the number of modules is small. About 70% of features have not been moved to modules, but we're adding them very quickly. So, you'll be able to keep only the modules you need and get supper fast forum once all features are moved to modules. Currently, there are 10 modules, this covers the 30% of all features. There will be another 15-20 modules to cover all 100% features.

Posted : 05/08/2022 6:41 am
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter

Posted by: @noved

So.....for those of us who use (and prefer) the classic layout..what template will it automatically change to after the update?

The new theme is called 2022, you can see all layouts in the documentation:

https://wpforo.com/docs/wpforo-v2/categories-and-forums/forum-layouts/

Posted : 05/08/2022 6:45 am
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member

It does feel slower on this site, and you guys dont have all the add ons too. I am concerned about how much the update is going to slow my site down and wondering if upgrading is really worth it as this point? What does the new version really offer other than cover pics at the top forum sections and a new profile page? 

I am struggling to find a reason to upgrade to the new version right now, there is nothing that really stands out as " d**n that's awesome". Especially if it is going to slow down my site, page speed is very important. 

Percys Grow Room

Posted : 05/08/2022 12:16 pm
Vít Hofman reacted
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

@percysgrowroom For me it is slower than 1.9.x.

NOT SLOW by any means but slower than before. Something like 15% or not so "sparky". In two sites i updated, with a small forums. I checked at night or daytime, since these are shared (but premium) hosting plans. Two different hosting companies. I touched nothing, i tested before and after.

Posted : 05/08/2022 12:24 pm
Macky reacted
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

Posted by: @percysgrowroom

I am struggling to find a reason to upgrade to the new version right now, there is nothing that really stands out as " d**n that's awesome". Especially if it is going to slow down my site, page speed is very important. 

When done ( i have 3 more sites to update), i will do some tests in my (not exactly mine) website and see if anything can be optimized.

Auto-optimize plugin for example. That optimize plugin actually made things slower, but in wpForo2 it could be different.

Posted : 05/08/2022 12:31 pm
Macky reacted
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member

@dimalifragis ~Thanks man, keep us informed of your progress 🙂

Percys Grow Room

Posted : 05/08/2022 12:33 pm
Page 2 / 4