Clear all

[Closed] wpForo 2.1 is released!

51 Posts
10 Users
36 Reactions
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

@plop6901 If you are protected by some plugin, you are ok. Also we have been with 2.0.9 for a while, nothing happened.

Anyways, i was just offering some solution.

Posted : 10/11/2022 10:41 am
Plop6901 reacted
(@cotner)
Estimable Member

Posted by: @robert

Posted by: @cotner

The 15min average right now is over 4. This was not the case for the past few months, just tonight.

I think this was just a cache collection processes. This is a one time process.

Still a very heavy load on my server after this upgrade. I thought by now it would have calmed down quite a bit. The 15min load number on the far right in the attachment should be under 1. I may have to revert back myself if this continues.

Posted : 10/11/2022 2:28 pm
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

I think the quoted notification shouldn't be like that:

Posted : 10/11/2022 2:35 pm
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter

Still a very heavy load on my server after this upgrade. I thought by now it would have calmed down quite a bit. The 15min load number on the far right in the attachment should be under 1. I may have to revert myself if this continues.

I have no comment on this. The 2.1.0 is very fast on all our tested websites. Just make sure wpForo cache is enabled and do not keep deleting wpForo cache.

BTW, update to 2.1.1 version.

In case you want to say thank you !)
We'd really appreciate and be thankful if you leave a good review on plugin page. This is the best way to say thank you to this project and support team.

Posted : 10/11/2022 2:37 pm
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

@cotner I doubt it is wpForo doing that. In your place i would have enabled wordpress debug to a LOG for a few hours and check.

Posted : 10/11/2022 2:38 pm
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member

oooof, t he quote thin looks funny here..... why is that? Anyway, what is fixed int he 2.1.1 version?

Check out my Wpforo forum, lots of customisations and add ons 🙂
Percys Grow Room

Posted : 10/11/2022 2:39 pm
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter

@percysgrowroom,

Looking funny doesn't mean functional and practice. Quotes have been changed to make them more flexible to do and make them easy to edit.

We'd really appreciate and be thankful if you leave a good review on plugin page. This is the best way to say thank you to this project and support team.

Posted : 10/11/2022 2:41 pm
Macky reacted
(@cotner)
Estimable Member

I have no comment on this. The 2.1.0 is very fast on all our tested websites. Just make sure wpForo cache is enabled and do not keep deleting wpForo cache.

Posted by: @dimalifragis

@cotner I doubt it is wpForo doing that. In your place i would have enabled wordpress debug to a LOG for a few hours and check.

It's been weird... nothing else has change on my site. It was just as I updated that it got bad.

I am moving to a new host in December. One that handles WP much better. So fingers crossed!

Posted : 10/11/2022 2:42 pm
Macky and Anonymous reacted
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

@percysgrowroom,

Looking funny doesn't mean functional and practice. Quotes have been changed to make them more flexible to do and make them easy to edit.

But not in notification emails ....

Posted : 10/11/2022 2:42 pm
Macky reacted
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member

hmmmm, I prefer it the way ti was, this is ugly tbh mate. Much tidier the way it was IMO. Can we have that changed back to the way it was? It was fine how it was i think. Why would you need to edit quoted text? Its an unnecessary change that has made it much less ascetically pleasing. I am sure many of us here would agree. 

It might work the same, but it looks bad. 

Percys Grow Room

Posted : 10/11/2022 2:44 pm
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter

It's been weird... nothing else has change on my site. It was just as I updated that it got bad.

I am moving to a new host in December. One that handles WP much better. So fingers crossed!

In any case, try the 2.1.1 version.

Posted : 10/11/2022 2:45 pm
Macky and Cotner reacted
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

@percysgrowroom Well quoting was not always easy as it was. Editing a post with quotes inside was a mess.

Even for people that know how to use it.

Posted : 10/11/2022 2:45 pm
Cotner reacted
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member

It's been weird... nothing else has change on my site

Ity may be a clash with other plug ins. I had issues for ages after updating to 2.0 and was told many times its not Wpforo its my host.... it ended up being a clash with the cross blog posting add on, and nothing to do with my host. 

If your site was running fine before you updated, then it is probably down to the update form wpforo. Don't be gaslit on this bro. 

The guys here at wpforo are great, they do give great support and work hard to keep everyone happy. but they do also make mistakes sometimes. They are always happy to log into your site as admin and debug too to see if they can find the issues. 

I don't want it to sound like I am bad mouthing the team, i don't mean it to come across like that, thy are great, but things do get overlooked sometimes. don't rush to upgrade your hosting when it might not be the problem 🙂 

Percys Grow Room

Posted : 10/11/2022 2:48 pm
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter

Posted by: @percysgrowroom

Can we have that changed back to the way it was?

I'm sorry but no way.

Posted : 10/11/2022 2:49 pm
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member

Posted by: @percysgrowroom

Can we have that changed back to the way it was?

I'm sorry but no way.

Oooooof, its so ugly now lol. Can we get a poll to see what other users think? lol 

Percys Grow Room

Posted : 10/11/2022 2:54 pm
Page 3 / 4