Clear all

[Closed] BuddyPress Activity Problem

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@kevlew)
Eminent Member

My site integration for comments to my buddypress activity stream still not working 

3 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @kevlew,

wpForo doesn't support comments. wpForo only support topics and posts. Also, we've already mentioned that the activation only works if the forum is not private and it's available for guests.

1 Reply
(@kevlew)

Eminent Member

Yes I meant topics or posts.   Our issues is as soon as we make the forum open it crashes our site. I have to go into the server and rename it to turn it off.    We were in a dedicated server with plenty of space and just migrated to isolate the site more. Just opened wpforo and it caused immediate crash.  So we have no choice but to leave the site “closed”. When it is closed the site works fine.  So this feature unless there is a way to work closed can’t work for us. More importantly would like to know what makes it crash our site. 

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

You should do a small change in core to enable Activities for private forums. We'll add an option in future to enable disable it through Dashboard, so you'll not have to do this change after each wpForo update.

Connect to wpforo files via FTP or cPanel File Manager tool and open this file:

/wp-content/plugins/wpforo/wpf-includes/functions-template.php

Find this code:

if( !empty($private_for_usergroups) && WPF()->forum->private_forum($item['forumid'], $private_for_usergroups) ){
return false;
}

Change to this:

if( !empty($private_for_usergroups) && WPF()->forum->private_forum($item['forumid'], $private_for_usergroups) ){
//return false;
}