[Closed] Membership and user roles

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@scoreclub)
Eminent Member

Hello, 

Is there a way for synchronization of user roles to be done automatically? Is this always manual?

Thank you,

Alain

5 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Hi @scoreclub,

Please read this support topic:

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/user-role-synchronization-not-automatic/

Topic starter
(@scoreclub)
Eminent Member

Thank you.

I reconfigured completely today and then verified all the steps in the process of registering and un-registering a student with Memberpress and WpForo.

When new user is added to the membership and new user role WpForo synchronizes automatically.

If I cancel the membership, the Word Press user profile is changed, but WpForo doesn't change or synchronize automatically, I have to press the synchronize button to reflect the change.

I can work with that of course, but I would rather it also be automatically synced when removed. Is it something I am missing here?

Btw, thank you again for this wonderful and beautiful forum. 

Alain

3 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

Hi @scoreclub,

Please let us know what membership plugin you are using. Is it free or paid one? 

(@scoreclub)

Eminent Member

I am using Membrepress, paid.

Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

Hi @scoreclub,

We've checked this on our test websites. wpForo is automatically synchronized with Wordpress user role. If you change the role in Wordpress the wpForo usergroup will be automatically changed according to the current Role.

It seems the membership plugin you are using uses the same hooks and interrupt the automatic synchronization. Therefore you need to press the synchronize button each time.