Clear all

[Closed] Buddypress groups

11 Posts
7 Users
7 Likes
Topic starter
(@pleasedeleteme)
Eminent Member

WpForo already has a good integration with buddypress, this helps a lot in my community, however, I would like to associate for each group a forum or its own, is this possible?

10 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Hi @fabianski,

In this case, the good option is using wpForo User Role-Usergroup Synchronization feature. 

First of all please navigate to Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Features admin page, and make sure "Role-Usergroup Synchronization" option is enabled.

The User Role - Usergroup relationship and synchronization status can be found in the User Role table below the Usergroup list on the same Forums > Usergroups admin page:

More info can be found in this topic: https://wpforo.com/community/wpforo-announcements/wpforo-1-5-0-is-released/#post-17357

Topic starter
(@pleasedeleteme)
Eminent Member

Hi, sofy.

I use this function but it does not associate buddypress groups with specific forums ...
It would look something like this: Associate a forum with a group, so it would be easier for the user to switch between the pages of both plugins.

Group "A" buddypress -> Forum "A" wpForo (only a direct link in the menu for the forum page http://prntscr.com/nr2o7z)

2 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

Hi fabianski,

I'll need some instructions from wpForo developers to answer this question. I'll ask them this question and back to you asap. 

(@pleasedeleteme)

Eminent Member

thanks 

(@annabwashere)
Trusted Member

I'd like this too! This is the main draw of using bbPress with Buddypress: the ability for Group Admins to create a Group Forum associated with their Group.

Forum topics in bbPress also get a Buddypress activity status and it appears in the community activity stream, group activity stream and user's activity stream.

1 Reply
(@allanhb)

Posted by: @annabwashere

I'd like this too! This is the main draw of using bbPress with Buddypress: the ability for Group Admins to create a Group Forum associated with their Group.

Forum topics in bbPress also get a Buddypress activity status and it appears in the community activity stream, group activity stream and user's activity stream.

100% agree. That's the only reason why I keep suffering with bbpress. 🤣 

(@toponline)

Is this bbPress-like functionality of assigning a specific forum to a specific BuddyPress-group planned or is this is not even being considered?

It's affecting my choice to go for wpForo or stick with bbPress. I need each (private) group to have their own (private) forum accessible via a tab on each BuddyPress-group page, like bbPress enables you to.

3 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@toponline,

I'm really sorry but this is something impossible. wpForo cannot create group forums in BuddyPress and there is no way to do that.

However, in the near future we'll create Group Forums for wpForo, so you'll have a rich profile page with user activity and Group Forums.

(@alugo)

@robert any update about this? thanks!

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@alugo,

I'm sorry, but the "group forums" was removed from our to-do list. This can only be created as an addon and the consideration will be done after the 2.0 version is released.