Clear all

[Closed] My Second Forum Site

7 Posts
3 Users
8 Reactions
(@nutritionchat)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

My second WPforo site is ticking along nicely - now up to 83 topics and 2000 posts (replies).

I do have 100+  genuine registered users, but only a handful of regular posters (sorting the members list by # of posts really highlights that!)

https://dvdforums.co.uk/community/

I set this up after our 20yo forum was closed down - the main site was sold on, but the forum visitor numbers were too low to justify the running costs.

I've tried to keep things simple, whilst separating the forum posts/replies, and highlighting the important elements.

Thanks for the user tips on these forums, and all the invaluable help from the mods. 🙏

Comments, questions, and suggestions welcome. 🙂 

Posted : 10/03/2023 8:43 am
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

@nutritionchat,

Looks good, simple, and fast. Not sure why you need the big Admin Note about Reg and Log, However a white admin note would look more harmonious with the full forum design. Just my view.

Thanks for sharing.

In case you want to say thank you !)
We'd really appreciate and be thankful if you leave a good review on plugin page. This is the best way to say thank you to this project and support team.

Posted : 10/03/2023 11:50 am
(@nutritionchat)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Good idea, thanks @chris - I'd actually forgotten about that! (Set-and-forget)

The reason for the message is that after X number of days, some users had been signed out and they weren't  bothered to sign in again (as evidenced by the number of Guests).

If you're just perusing, it's not obvious that you're not logged in.

Posted : 10/03/2023 11:54 am
Chris reacted
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

@nutritionchat,

Yeah, that makes sense. 😉 

In case you want to say thank you !)
We'd really appreciate and be thankful if you leave a good review on plugin page. This is the best way to say thank you to this project and support team.

Posted : 10/03/2023 11:56 am
(@geofforder67)

Great site! How did you get the registration so fast? My registration email takes like five mins to reach my inbox. 

Posted : 22/05/2023 3:02 am
(@nutritionchat)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

@geofforder67 ... oh, I'm not sure !

Maybe it's thanks to this plugin ?

https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-mail-smtp/

Posted : 22/05/2023 4:34 pm
geofforder67 reacted
(@geofforder67)

Awesome, thank you, I'll lyk if that was it

Posted : 23/05/2023 2:37 am