8 Users
21 Likes
27 K Views
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter  

wpForo Page Shortcodes

Started from version 1.0.0 you can use wpForo shortcodes. You can only use these shortcodes in Page contents:

1. [wpforo] - Loads forum index. You should also set page slug in Forums > Settings > General admin page as Forum Base URL
  2. [wpforo item="forum" id="2"] - Loads forum with ID = 2. On this page you can see all subForums and Topics of the ID=2 Forum.
  3. [wpforo item="topic" id="10"] - Loads topic with . On this page you can see all posts (with pagination) of the ID=10 Topic.
  4. [wpforo item="profile" id="25"] - Loads ID=25 user profile page.

wpForo Menu Shortcodes

You can use “Custom Links” menu type and these shortcode-urls in URL field:

• Forum Home: /%wpforo-home%/
  • Members: /%wpforo-members%/
  • My Profile: /%wpforo-profile-home%/
  • Activity: /%wpforo-profile-activity%/
  • Account: /%wpforo-profile-account%/
  • Subscriptions: /%wpforo-profile-subscriptions%/
  • Register: /%wpforo-register%/
  • Login: /%wpforo-login%/
  • Logout: /%wpforo-logout%/

In case you want to say thank you !)
We'd really appreciate and be thankful if you leave a good review on plugin page. This is the best way to say thank you to this project and support team.

Aseize Okaztle, danushka, DanNita and 1 people reacted
(@pramana)
Eminent Member

what if we want to load group forum ? so it will be easier to separate QA, and Extended / Simplified. So it means that if somebody want to make Stackoverflow-alike, they can create a page with a QA style, and community or forum-alike, they can create it with Ext / Simplified style. 

Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter  

You can use Category/Group Forum ID in this shortcode [wpforo item="forum" id="3"].

So you can load different forum groups on different pages. You can find Category and Forum IDs on Forums admin page:

We'd really appreciate and be thankful if you leave a good review on plugin page. This is the best way to say thank you to this project and support team.

(@pramana)
Eminent Member

Wow nice, thanks Robert. 

Can't wait for the golden version 1.0 

Geek
(@geek)
Eminent Member

Hi,

No shortcode for last topic ? 🙂

Thanks for the new version btw 😀

Hauyser
(@hauyser)

After hours of trying to work this out, didn't realise you had a thread for this 🙁 

Glados
(@glados)
Eminent Member

I hope in next version there come widget shortcodes. 😉

Aseize Okaztle and Pat reacted
(@gamerzfanz21)

Hello, In using the short codes, it places the posts "on top" of the page, Is there a way to get it to be placed towards the bottom of the page instead?

I used the following:  [wpforo item="forum" id="2"]  which does exactly what I wanted, and I placed this near the bottom of everything, But, it is showing the posts above everything instead, I need it placed below everything.

Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter  

wpForo is designed to show the content in page not on top of page. This is a site specific issue, probably with your theme or with other plugins which perform some shortcode in post contents. I'd recommend deactivate all plugins and check it again.

(@lucasgaudette)

Is there a shortcode similar to this 

[wpforo item="profile" id="25"]

but that loads up the CURRENT user rather then a specific one?  I want to intergrate a user's profile view with a few other elements.

Thanks!

(@nonamez)

Posted by: lucasgaudette

Is there a shortcode similar to this 

[wpforo item="profile" id="25"]

but that loads up the CURRENT user rather then a specific one?  I want to intergrate a user's profile view with a few other elements.

Thanks!

Yes, this is 100% needed. It shouldn't be this difficult to put a custom link to a user's profile anywhere you want.

(@nonamez)

I figured out how to do it in php but you need to have Members URL structure: set to USER_ID

<a href="https://www.yourwebsite.com/community/account/'. $current_user_id = get_current_user_id() .'/">Edit Profile</a>

BerndG, Christian Britto, Aseize Okaztle and 1 people reacted