[Closed] wpForo Shortcodes
wpForo Page Shortcodes
Started from version 1.0.0 you can use wpForo shortcodes. You can only use these shortcodes in Page contents:
- [wpforo] - Loads forum index. You should also set page slug in Forums > Settings > General admin page as Forum Base URL
- [wpforo item="forum" id="2"] - Loads forum with ID = 2. On this page you can see all subForums and Topics of the ID=2 Forum.
- [wpforo item="topic" id="10"] - Loads topic with . On this page you can see all posts (with pagination) of the ID=10 Topic.
- [wpforo item="profile" id="25"] - Loads ID=25 user profile page.
wpForo Menu Shortcodes
You can use “Custom Links” menu type and these shortcode-urls in URL field:
- Forum Home: /%wpforo-home%/
- Members: /%wpforo-members%/
- My Profile: /%wpforo-profile-home%/
- Activity: /%wpforo-profile-activity%/
- Account: /%wpforo-profile-account%/
- Subscriptions: /%wpforo-profile-subscriptions%/
- Register: /%wpforo-register%/
- Login: /%wpforo-login%/
- Logout: /%wpforo-logout%/
what if we want to load group forum ? so it will be easier to separate QA, and Extended / Simplified. So it means that if somebody want to make Stackoverflow-alike, they can create a page with a QA style, and community or forum-alike, they can create it with Ext / Simplified style.
You can use Category/Group Forum ID in this shortcode [wpforo item="forum" id="3"].
So you can load different forum groups on different pages. You can find Category and Forum IDs on Forums admin page:
Hello, In using the short codes, it places the posts "on top" of the page, Is there a way to get it to be placed towards the bottom of the page instead?
I used the following: [wpforo item="forum" id="2"] which does exactly what I wanted, and I placed this near the bottom of everything, But, it is showing the posts above everything instead, I need it placed below everything.
wpForo is designed to show the content in page not on top of page. This is a site specific issue, probably with your theme or with other plugins which perform some shortcode in post contents. I'd recommend deactivate all plugins and check it again.
Is there a shortcode similar to this
[wpforo item="profile" id="25"]
but that loads up the CURRENT user rather then a specific one? I want to intergrate a user's profile view with a few other elements.
Yes, this is 100% needed. It shouldn't be this difficult to put a custom link to a user's profile anywhere you want.