wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Adding Buttons to the Front-End Editor

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@naomibuch)
Trusted Member
Hello ...

I would like to know if any more buttons can be added to the Wpforo Editor?  The current links add only a URL instead of a image excerpt that's similar to Facebook.

I have downloaded a plugin called WP Link Preview that does exactly what I want but it only shows on the back-end WordPress Editor and not on the front-end Wpforo Editor in the list of available icon buttons where users can pick from.

The WP Link Preview plugin displays an eye icon button on the backend of my WordPress Editor as seen attached.

I would like to incorporate this WP Link Preview  eye icon in the Wpforo Editor toolbar where my users can post links of URL articles with image excerpt like facebook.

I have circled the icon eye that I want added into the Wpforo Toolbar

Thanks,
Naomi

See Attachment
2 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

@naomibuch,

I'm really sorry, but wpForo doesn't have such a feature. 

In the next version release, we're going to add a post preview feature. The view icon will be visible on TinyMCE editor, but I'm not sure if it'll work in case of the articles. 

Topic starter
(@naomibuch)
Trusted Member

Hello...

Thanks for the information, I attempted to write my own code, and "call" the plugin function in my Functions.php theme file, but I don't wpforo code well enough to do it.  That functionality would be great!

Again, I appreciate your response.

Naomi