Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Can some1 help me understand...

10 Posts
3 Users
2 Reactions
Jesus
Topic starter
(@jesus)
Reputable Member

... how and why this is happening?

Im not even asking for a solution (that would be nice too 😀)

Lately in my forum it's a non-stop new members registrations... but they are not real users (of course they are real people I would imagine...)

So really it's so many questions I have:

1 - why is this happening now and not before? Actually why it's this happening at all?

2- what for they do it? They dont spam, they dont put adverts for their places etc... what for they waste their time then?

3- Is there anything wrong for me?, is there any advantage for them?.....

4- Give me at least some good news please. Do this fact, (the fact that I'm getting irrelevant people) even that it's not nice, do at least meant that my forum it's easily found by people?

*I'm not sure if question nr 4 will be easily understood by you guys

For example, I just got 3 new users signed in the last 10 minutes. My yet to be beaten record 🤣

Thanks 😀

9 Replies
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

I think this has been covered already, maybe here

https://wpforo.com/community/how-to-and-troubleshooting-2/how-to-ban-some1/

Install some login or security plugin to prevent all these. Not an issue with wpForo but a Wordpress protection/login/registration issue.

In ALL Wordpress (and other scripts) there are CONTINIOUS probes and attacks and attempts, that usually webmasters do not see and do now know. I wish i could post here a daily log of the probes and attacks on my sites. Hundreds of them. Searching all days and night for security holes, for creating profiles or spam comments and posts. You name it.

Block or better limit all those at the SOURCE. The Login/Register of Wordpress.

Jesus
Topic starter
(@jesus)
Reputable Member

Thanks Di

No, dont get me wrong mate, I know you "somehow" already answer a similar question yesterday...

But this it's a different question really. I would like to understand a bit certain things like: it's this real people or it this a machine?, why are they wasting their time on this?, what they have to win for example on a place like mine? etc etc etc. Do you understand my question?

How do I wish I could express myself properly in Spanish sometimes 🤣...

1 Reply
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

@jesus I did understand and already replied. If you do not want to protect your login/register, this is a choice of yours.

Bots or real persons, it doesn't matter and who cares. Block the issue at the source.

Jesus
Topic starter
(@jesus)
Reputable Member

Yes Dimalifragis, but my human normal curiosity of the "why of the things" remains not knowing... 🤣

I meant, bots or people, why just now in time if my site been up and running for several months already?

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team
Posted by: @jesus

For example, I just got 3 new users signed in the last 10 minutes. My yet to be beaten record

Bot user registration is the general issue of all WordPress websites. People protect their website using many solutions. For example, we use paid subscription of Anti-Spam by CleanTalk and Akismet plugins. These two stop 99% of spam registration. Also, you should make sure the wpForo Built-in reCAPTCHA is configured and enabled for all user registration forms.

Page 1 / 2