[Closed] Database table

5 Posts
2 Users
1 Reactions
 sam
Topic starter
(@sam)
Eminent Member

Wishing the wpforo team merry Christmas and a prosperous new year.

Are the topics and replies stored in a wpforo table or are they stored in wordpress wp_posts table? Keeping wordpress posts, wpforo topics and replies in separate tables might not be necessary for small forums but they can surely help big forums.

Thank you for creating this wonderful plugin. Makes me very happy to see how it is improving with each update.

I would also like to make a feature request for an activity stream or activity feed like we see in https://bbpress.org/forums/

Thanks.

Edit: Still trying to figure out where a member will be notified if one of their posts get liked / quoted. If someone can like or quote this post, it will be great. 😀

4 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Thank you sam!

We don't use custom post types, so the topics and posts are not stored in wp_posts table, wpForo has its own tables for topics ( _wpforo_topicss) and posts ( _wpforo_posts).

Custom post types are being stored in wp_posts and wp_postmeta table. All what you have in WP are already there. This becomes very large and heavy. If you familiar with MySQL you should see that it’s dozens time faster to get x, y and z data from the same _wpforo_posts table than get those from two  wp_post and wp_postmeta tables. wp_post and wp_postmeta logic is terribly heavy for forums. If you want to have professional and fast forum board, you should forget about custom post types and choose forums with separate tables.

Still trying to figure out where a member will be notified if one of their posts get liked / quoted. If someone can like or quote this post, it will be great.

There is no notification based on post likes. But there is a notification on new topic, reply and quote. The user should be subscribed to the topic to get those.

sam
Topic starter
(@sam)
Eminent Member

I was hoping they would be in separate tables for the same reason that you have mentioned above. Clever coding guys. Excellent job.

I did a test conversion of one of my bbpress forums to wpforo using your tool. Conversion was quick and smooth. Forum also looks much better. I am very pleased.

After importing into wpforo, I deleted the bbpress forums and uninstalled bbpress. But I think the posts are still found in wp-posts table. What do you think is the best way to clean up after importing to wpforo?

I have attached an image to show my DB tables.

I am very eager to move to wpforo as early as possible. So your help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

Sam.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Please backup database before deleting that (for any case). And then read this instruction:

https://mattbrett.com/blog/development/2011/how-to-uninstall-bbpress/

sam
Topic starter
(@sam)
Eminent Member

Thanks Robert. Let me try this and get back to you.