Clear all

[Closed] Enhancement Request: Sort by Replies Descending

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@dlinstedt)
Trusted Member

I'd love to be able to click on "Replies" count, header and sort descending - moving all "topics that have NO replies" to the top of the list.

Why?  Because as admin, I'd love to reply to each topic that doesn't have one.

Alternative: in the ADVANCED SEARCH - be able to "search by topics that have no replies"

Thanks,

Dan

4 Replies
Alvina
(@alvina)

Hi @dlinstedt,

We have similar functionality. I'll suggest you to check it. 

There is an option for forum administrators is Filter Dropdown on the Recent Posts page. Here you can select the topics/posts by:

1. Not Replied Topics,
  2. Unread,
  3. Closed Topics,
  4. Unapproved Posts
  5. Solved, etc.

Screenshot below: https://www.screencast.com/t/icjsSAngmUx

Topic starter
(@dlinstedt)
Trusted Member

I just checked this functionality,  While it is good - it is not good enough.

The drop-down you mention ONLY shows "recent posts that have not been replied to".

I need: a full list in the advanced search drop down for searching for "not replied" for all time.

If you can, add Search Type drop down:  "Not Replied to Posts"

Thanks,

Dan

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@dlinstedt,

I think this is not an advanced search option. This is a filter option and should be in the mentioned drop-down. It's better to remove the time limit in this filter than try to integrate a filter function to an advanced search feature.

So if you want to see all not-replied topics just increase the time limit to e.g. 200 days. Here is a good instruction: https://wpforo.com/community/how-to-and-troubleshooting-2/change-recent-topics-time-limit/#post-46810

Topic starter
(@dlinstedt)
Trusted Member

Hi Robert, thank you - extending the time limit is nice, I appreciate that.  On the other piece though, will your team be adding a filter option for "Has no replies"?  Or is there another filter I can "hook into" that allows me to add this to the UI options?

Thanks,
Dan