[Solved] Documentation Request - Explanation of "/forum/recent/?view=" URL views?
I had a look at documentation but couldn't really see any when I looked, is there a documentation page explaining what each view is supposed to show in terms of "it should function like this..."?
I ask this because we have a client who uses these URL's a lot and they keep asking us "is this how this is supposed to work because its not how we expect" and it would be helpful if we knew how each view was supposed to function and what it was intended to do so we can actually test if that's what its doing or not.
- ?view=unread: Shows unread posts (by the logged in user? by all users? how is it defining an unread post?)
- ?view=no-replies: Shows topics with no replies other than the person who started the topic?
- /forum/recent/ (no view variable): Shows topics posted within? X? of todays date? or some other mechanism?
- ?view=unapproved: shows unmoderated posts.
The unread one was the main query from the client, if there was documentation on each view then we would know for any future reference around questions about what these views are for and how they function on a more nuanced level without having to ask here that would be great.
Please find the explanation below:
- Recent Posts: Just list of all kind of recent posts made during the last 30 days without any filter. You can increase the 30 days time-frame using the hook code mentioned here: https://wpforo.com/community/postid/46810/
- Unread Posts: This works individually for each user, it should the posts which are not read/opened yet.
- Not Replied Topics: Shows topics with no replies other than the person who started the topic. These are the topics which have not replied by other users or moderators. It may contain 0 or 10 replies, but the replies are only made by the topic opener. So he/she hasn't got replies from other users yet.
- Unapproved Posts: Shows unapproved topics/posts, these posts are only visible to moderators and administrators.
- Private Topics: Shows private topics/posts, these posts are only visible to the topic starter (opener) and to moderators/administrators.
- Solved Topics: Topics which are marked [Solved]
- Unsolved Topics: Topics which are not marked [Solved], it doesn't matter the topic is replied or not.
- Closed Topic: Shows closed topics.
- Open Topics: Shows only open topics
- Sticky Topics: Shows sticky topics