New Feature [Closed] wpForo Wishlist

15 Posts
7 Users
8 Likes
VereK
Topic starter
(@verek)
Honorable Member

Ajax auto refresh for recent topics/posts page. Ajax auto refresh for recent topics/posts widgets. 

Forgot to update here. For busy boards that have members camping on Recent endlessly pushing F5; here is a JS snippet that auto refreshes just the content div. Change 180000 (3 minutes) to whatever you want.

<script>

jQuery(function($) {
setInterval(function($) {
jQuery("#wpforo #wpforo-wrap > div.wpforo-main.wpft-recent > div.wpforo-content > div > div.wpforo-recent-content.wpfr-topics").load(location.href+" #wpforo #wpforo-wrap > div.wpforo-main.wpft-recent > div.wpforo-content > div > div.wpforo-recent-content.wpfr-topics>*","");
}, 180000);
});

</script>

I run everything through the Code Snippets plugin, alternatively this would go in your themes functions.php file.
VereK
Topic starter
(@verek)
Honorable Member
Posted by: @robert

The "Unread posts" logic is far too simplistic. When clicking on the unread link it should take the user to the last unread post in a topic, not the last post in the topic. The way it functions now most users will not notice that there were any number of unread posts before the last post.

We'll take this under consideration.

I know that it would necessitate some substantial changes in the tracking logic and cookies but in my opinion this issue needs urgent attention, preferably in the next release. Almost all the major forum platforms have this functionality and is the most requested "fix" by my members who are accustomed to it from other forums.

Since starting this topic back in November 2018 many of the wishlist items have been implemented by WPForo, thank you for that, it is refreshing to have developers invested and responsive to the users of their software.

PawelK
(@pawelk)
Eminent Member

Because the "unread" topic is already closed. I like you did the functionality but can you please add this to the list of "unread posts" list? Currently it is umplemented only when the forum list is displayed and when using "unread posts" list the users are still jumping to the newest post in the topic.

Page 3 / 3