WpForo slow post cr...

Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] WpForo slow post creation. Caused by mail queue?

14 Posts
4 Users
5 Likes
Topic starter
(@novedddd)
Trusted Member

How does wpForo handle subscribed topic email notification queues? I'm asking because I originally migrated over from asgaros forum due to issues with this. Asgaros had issues whereby when a user attempted to create a new forum post/topic it would sometimes literally take 2 to 3 minutes for a post to be created. I migrated over to wpForo and that problem was resolved immediately. However, many months later, I am now experiencing the similar issues with wpForo now that my forum has many members and it usually takes 45 seconds for a user's post to be created. I'm really concerned about this. So my question is, if many users are subscribed for notifications to a particular forum category, will that effect the speed of someone who is creating a new post in that category? Does wpForo send all emails at once, or is there a staggered mail queue? I've disable other plugins, so this issue doesn't seem to be stemming from anything else. Please advise..

13 Replies
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

Hi,

wpForo doesn't send any emails. It queues them to Wordpress core. Then yes Wordpress sends them all together.

So, depending of your setup, you either have a slow server or a slow mailserver (if you not directly send the emails but you use your provider's mailerver).

Also Asgaros forum plugin doesn't suffer from what you mention in your post. We are using it in some mid-traffic sites and i have never seen what you say.

1 Reply
(@novedddd)

Trusted Member

That's incorrect. There's even a topic regarding this very issue over on the asgaros support forum. Also, just to be clear, just because you haven't personally experienced the issue doesn't somehow negate that there's an issue.

selsebil
(@selsebil)
Estimable Member

I have created same issue here few days ago, but nobody responded me.

https://wpforo.com/community/how-to-and-troubleshooting-2/26027/

My slowing problem had also been same that is email sending when a post is created. It must be a solution.

Thanks to wpforo team.

Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @novedd, @selsebil,

We need admin access to the website, as if it takes so long to create a topic, there can be different reason for that and It's not only about the server. We need to check it on the Website.

Please send admin credentials to info[at]gvectors.com email, mention this topic in the email, and Let me know here that the email has been sent.

Thanks.

4 Replies
selsebil
(@selsebil)

Estimable Member

@chris Thank you Chris. I sent it now.

selsebil
(@selsebil)

Estimable Member

@chris Have you been able to look at the website?

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@selsebil,

yes we have checked the website, we deactivated wpForo and checked the website speed, and nothing changed the issue maker is not wpForo, it comes from your whole website as it is very slow, with or without wpForo.

selsebil
(@selsebil)

Estimable Member

@chris Thank you for your efforts.

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

Have you ever enabled debug.log for Wordpress, and check if there is any fatal (or other) error?

Page 1 / 2