wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] EDIT button fails after upgrade

14 Posts
4 Users
2 Reactions
Topic starter
(@dlinstedt)
Trusted Member

Just upgraded to wpForo 1.8.0

Followed all the instructions to completely rebuild JS, CSS, and all cache files

Just tried to "EDIT POST" and the spinner sits there forever (verified in both Microsoft Edge and FireFox).  Checked the developer console, and saw the AJAX JS failing.  (see uploaded image).

Please fix this as soon as you can.  Thanks!  Dan

13 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @dlinstedt,

Please update to 1.8.1 version. Then delete all caches again, purge CDN if you have and use a private session of browser when you testing.

Topic starter
(@dlinstedt)
Trusted Member

I did as requested. And still have the issue.  Something is "calling" the ajax function with incorrect parameters, or the PHP on the server side is returning a less than ideal result.  If there is something else I can "capture" for you to help you pinpoint this problem, please let me know.

OR: if I need to downgrade to 1.7.x  please let me know - but then, I also need instructions (because I think?? there were database changes to upgrade to v.1.8?

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@dlinstedt,

Do you have custom template files in active WordPress theme?

What errors you see in Dashboard > Forums > Tools > Debug > Errors & Issues Tab?

Where we can see the issue?

Topic starter
(@dlinstedt)
Trusted Member

Hi Robert,

I updaded to 1.8.1

Cleaned all caches

And still have problems with the AJAX not working right.

I checked your errors & issues tab - and it says: no errors, no issues.

I will check the web-log to see if there is anything there - are there any specific keywords I should look for?  As I said before, it appears to be an XHR return value that's causing the problem.  By the way, I see the same problem with the "notifications" pull down- it spins, then reports no new notifications - when I know I have more than one active.

If it would help, let me know if you want a login to my staging site to track this down.

BUT: I am wondering: can I safely downgrade to 1.7.x??  or will that cause more issues?

BY THE WAY:  Fatal Error Notify sent me this, after clicking on the DEBUG tab - looks like you have another bug in your code:

Error notification

For site https://datavaultalliance.com&source=gmail&ust=1595937306019000&usg=AFQjCNEzEUBIPGRbIghUEd1ctGK0mBZDe g"> https://datavaultalliance.com

3 Replies
(@andyteslaro)

Eminent Member

@dlinstedt

I also have the same problem and I think that @robert is investigating. Hope they can solve this issue soon 🙁

(@dlinstedt)

Trusted Member

@andyteslaro  Thanks Andy,  I appreciate knowing I'm not the only one.  I really love wpForo - the gVectors team is absolutely outstanding.  They produce high quality software, and I've not had any complaints.  This is a major issue, and I'm sure they will work diligently to solve it as quickly as possible.  Just for kicks: I'm using Elementor and Astra Themes (latest themes) with zero custom CSS, and zero custom JS - however, I do have quite a few plugins - but all have been running happily together for the past year.  By the way, in case you aren't familiar with it:  Fatal Error Notify is an awesome plugin - keeps me sane, and reports any & all errors my site has (even if it hard-crashes) so I can trouble shoot it.

(@andyteslaro)

Eminent Member

@dlinstedt

I've no complaints either, I also love the plugin and the assistance and I'm sure they are going to find the solution.

By the way, I'm in the same situation, no customisation and only a few plugins which I tried to deactivate one by one with no results, unfortunately.

Finger crossed 😊 

(@martin)
Support Team

Hi @dlinstedt and @andyteslaro,

The problems are founded and fixed. We'll release the fixed 1.8.2 version in a few hours.

2 Replies
(@andyteslaro)

Eminent Member

@martin

amazing thank you so much!!!!

(@dlinstedt)

Trusted Member

@martin  You and your team ROCK - can't say it enough, LOVE wpForo - amazing product, amazing support! 

Page 1 / 2