Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Editing User Profile

10 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@user_tom)

If I want to edit my user profile I get html brackets in fields like my picture shows. It seems to be a debuging modus.

I use wpforo 1.6.5 with an actual wp.

Maybe someone could help me!?!

" name="member[user_email]" id="member_user_email" class="" placeholder="E-Mail" required="required" autocomplete="off" />

9 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @user_tom,

Please edit this user in Dashboard > Users admin page, check the email field, make sure it's a correct email, then save it. Then go to Forum front-end > profile > Account of that user and check it.

And please leave some URL to allow us check it.

Topic starter
(@user_tom)

Hi Robert,

I checked the email address in the backend of wp and in the forum, again. But it seems all to be ok - email address ist ok and the format of all things looks good. 

The problem have all forumusers, that want to edit their profile from the tool of the forum. Like my picture shows, the email field and below is pre-filled with html code. Maybe it depends of my german version of the form?!?

1 Reply
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

@user_tom

Please leave your forum URL to allow us to check the issue. 

Topic starter
(@user_tom)
1 Reply
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

@user_tom,

Please deactivate the Cryptex plugin, delete all caches and check again. 

user registration and account creation is a part of WordPress core. wpForo only provides a registration form. The WordPress has all necessary functions in this case, so no necessary to install additional plugin.

Topic starter
(@user_tom)

tnx so far

ok - I checked again and in fact, the main problem seems to be the plugin Cryptex. It works, if I disable the plugin.

But what can i do, to protect the email address agains spammer and use the possibility for forum user for editing their profile?

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@user_tom

User email addresses are security stored in database. Nobody can see those. So you don't need any spam protection solution for user emails. WordPress and wpForo already cared about that. Only Admins can see other user emails.

Page 1 / 2