Stand-alone forum not working

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
 Olmo
Topic starter
(@olmo)

Hey there,

I am working on a new project on my localhost, I changed wpforo config to set the whole site as a stand-alone forum as follow but I get the following error:

Warning: Attempt to read property "comment_count" on null in C:\xampp\htdocs\xxxxxxx\wordpress\wp-includes\general-template.php on line 3194
Warning: Attempt to read property "ID" on null in C:\xampp\htdocs\xxxxxxx\wordpress\wp-includes\post-template.php on line 674

Warning: Attempt to read property "post_type" on null in C:\xampp\htdocs\xxxxxxx\wordpress\wp-includes\post-template.php on line 675

Warning: Attempt to read property "post_parent" on null in C:\xampp\htdocs\xxxxxxx\wordpress\wp-includes\post-template.php on line 728
class="-template-default page page-id- page-parent logged-in admin-bar no-customize-support wp-custom-logo ast-desktop ast-separate-container ast-two-container ast-no-sidebar astra-4.6.8 ast-single-post ast-inherit-site-logo-transparent ast-hfb-header wpf-default wpft-post wpf-auth wpfu-group-1 wpf-theme-2022 wpf-is_standalone-1 wpf-boardid-0 is_wpforo_page-1 is_wpforo_url-1 is_wpforo_shortcode_page-0 wpforo ast-normal-title-enabled astra-addon-4.6.4">

Does anyone know what might be causing this issue?

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @olmo,

Something is wrong with your theme. I'd recommend change it. Also, make sure you only have the forum pages, there should not be other pages in your WordPress website.

2 Replies
 Olmo
(@olmo)

Thank you for your quick response, @robert ! 😊 

I have tried to deactivate theme and plugins and error remains, so I decided to delete my project folder (xampp\htdocs\myproject) as well as it database, then I have created a new one with no theme, just wordpress default's, and no plugins but wpforo and I still get the same error:

Warning: Attempt to read property "comment_count" on null in C:\xampp\htdocs\xxxxxx\wordpress\wp-includes\general-template.php on line 3194
Warning: Attempt to read property "ID" on null in C:\xampp\htdocs\xxxxxx\wordpress\wp-includes\post-template.php on line 674

Warning: Attempt to read property "post_type" on null in C:\xampp\htdocs\xxxxxx\wordpress\wp-includes\post-template.php on line 675

Warning: Attempt to read property "post_parent" on null in C:\xampp\htdocs\xxxxxx\wordpress\wp-includes\post-template.php on line 728
class="-template-default page page-id- page-parent logged-in admin-bar no-customize-support wp-embed-responsive wpf-default wpft-topic wpf-auth wpfu-group-1 wpf-theme-2022 wpf-is_standalone-1 wpf-boardid-0 is_wpforo_page-1 is_wpforo_url-1 is_wpforo_shortcode_page-0 wpforo">

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@olmo,

I'm sorry but it's almost impossible to help you in this case. The error logs come from WordPress files not from wpForo.

I think you should do a vanilla installation, so the database would be newly generated. Deleting the folder without changing the database does nothing. Also, this could be the hosting service issue. If you have an option try the same in different hosting services.

wpForo is being installed on hundreds of Wordpress sites every day so wpForo doesn't have such problem for sure. This is either the hosting/PHP configuration issue or conflict with the theme. In any case you should investigate it yoursalfe or contact for pro support: https://wpforo.com/pro-support/