MAJOR BUG - Subscri...

Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] MAJOR BUG - Subscribe to all topics includes restricted forums

11 Posts
4 Users
2 Likes
Topic starter
(@moptop)
Eminent Member

And log from Mailgun that email went to registered members.

2 Replies
RealAct
(@realact)

Reputable Member

@moptop I'm wondering if you have a roles plugin issue. I remember having something a little different a few years back, and it was related to a wrong configuration with a roles management plugin.

Do you have any special plugin to manage your WordPress roles? If so, can you disable it and see if the issue still happens?

(@moptop)

Eminent Member

@realact That's an interesting note. I am using AAM Advanced Access Manager to adjust permissions of the user groups. I'm not sure though why a user would not have access to a forum, but still be receiving notifications for it.

I can't say for sure whether or not this has always been happening, or if it's just a recent development either. I have not changed any settings for years. I will look into this a bit deeper though.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

@moptop,

Could you please switch to 2022 them in wpForo > Themes admin page?

Go to wpForo > Overview admin page, scroll down and click the [Delete All Caches] button.

Also, please leave a URL to your forum where we can register and see the subscription options in our subscriptions tab.

1 Reply
(@moptop)

Eminent Member

@robert I am still testing V2 and the 2022 theme on a staging site to make sure it works with my current site, and that I can adjust the css to look how I want, but it sounds like maybe upgrading sooner than later will need to happen.

My forum is members only with no outside registration, so I will have to send you a private invitation.

Topic starter
(@moptop)
Eminent Member

I decided that instead of troubleshooting an old version of wpForo and my staging site with the upgrade did not seem to have the same issue, that I would upgrade my live site to V2.

I am happy to say that with some testing and using an email log in sandbox mode, the unauthorized emails are not being sent in V2.

Thanks for your help, and I would say that if anyone else is experiencing the same issue, to upgrade to V2.

Page 2 / 2