Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Sharing issues - mix up

10 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
Topic starter
(@ewabek)

Every time I try to share the main page, the ‘Recent Posts – Discussion Board’ is shown in the little share window, however, when you click on it, the main page shows up. Also, the little tab on top of the browser shows the ‘Recent Posts – Discussion Board’ text, even though it is the main page. I have already changed the name and description of the main page and updated the XML sitemap in the google search console but it didn’t help. You guys are my last hope. Please help.
Cheers
Ewa

Topic Tags
9 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @ewabek,

We have checked your conversation of wpForo plugin in WordPress Forum,

Please provide us Admin access to your website, we need to make a check

8 Replies
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

The Admin credentials send to info[at]gvectors.com email, mention this topic in the email and let us know here that you have sent the email.

(@ewabek)

@chris email sent. Thank you so much for helping. Cheers!

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@ewabek,

The reason of your issue is that you have set wpForo recent post's in your homepage with a shortcode, by wpForo if wpForo shortcode is set in a page the full page would be known as wpForo page, I recommend you to remove wpForo recent post's page from your home page and set there wpForo Recent Posts Widget.

(@ewabek)

@chris I removed the wpForo shortcode from the main page but the problem is still there. Any idea what else can be done to fix this problem? Thx

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@ewabek,

Just checked your website the issue is fixed if you still see Recent Posts - Discussion board, just clean the cache.

(@ewabek)

@chris I cleaned the cache, and still, when I try to share my page, the issue is still there. Please try to share my page and you will see what I mean. Thx

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@ewabek,

Clean the caches of the plugin which lets you share your page or there may be something else... however, this is not related to wpForo as you have removed wpForo shortcodes from the page.

(@ewabek)

@chris I fixed it. I had to debug the Facebook cache. Thx for trying to help. Cheers