Can't post or modif...

Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Can't post or modify any title topic using the following character with accent

10 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@andyteslaro)
Eminent Member

Dear Support,

I can't post or modify any title topic using the following character with accent: "à".

The strange thing is that all other characters are working (e.g ò, ù, è, ì....) also the capital letter is working À.

Do you have any idea? Could be something related to the UNICODE?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Best

Andy

9 Replies
Topic starter
(@andyteslaro)
Eminent Member

ok.. it seems you have the same issue... so this is something you can fix even for yourself 😀 

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @andyteslaro,

Thank you for letting us know. We just released 1.6.4 version, please update.

5 Replies
(@andyteslaro)

Eminent Member

@robert

Thank you so much for fixing this 🙂

Best

Andy

(@andyteslaro)

Eminent Member

@robert

Dear Robert we just discovered that the wp-foro has been updated automatically... is that possible? The IP comes from Dallas TX... 

This is the first time.

Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

@andyteslaro,

As far as I know, the only way that allows the plugin to be updated automatically is either adding the following code in functions.php file or installing some Automatic Updates plugin.

add_filter( 'auto_update_plugin', '__return_true' );

More info here: 

https://www.wpbeginner.com/plugins/how-to-enable-automatic-updates-for-wordpress-plugins/

Or probably one of the high-level users (admin, moderators, etc. ) have updated the plugin? 

(@andyteslaro)

Eminent Member

@sofy

Actually I talked with our admin and it seems that the update was made trought his account, but was not him... but with another IP... so could be that something more scary? We will further investigate. Thanks.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@andyteslaro

There is nothing scary. new versions of WordPress does it. So just open a new topic in WordPress support forum if you want to make sure. in any case, auto update of plugins has no any relation to wpForo plugin itself.

(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

Are you sure that plugins are auto updated in WP ? I think this happens only for the Core.

1 Reply
(@martin)

Support Team

@anonymous20

Yes, it's possible. Some hosting services enable it by default. Some website developers enable it too. And yes, all updates goes by admin user automatically, even without admin user interaction.

More info: https://www.wpbeginner.com/plugins/how-to-enable-automatic-updates-for-wordpress-plugins/