Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Adding URL to video breaks thread out-of-the blue

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@vsinou)

This has worked for a couple of years, and all of a sudden, when posting URLs to videos, they don't embed. 

To make matters worse, they break the page, and there is no way to delete them. I am thinking that this may be due to one of the recent upgrades. There have been several in the past coule of weeks. 

Here is an example to a Canvas Studio video - let's see if it will break this topic. 

https://sjdc.instructuremedia.com/embed/6578225e-27f2-422c-bf65-1693424e7314

Any insights into the problem? And how can I delete the broken topics? We have a few. 

6 Replies
Topic starter
(@vsinou)

Follow-up!

One of my team members noticed that when posting the video link to the forum, it automatically turned it into a hyperlink, and the link turned blue, and it was underlined, and it did not autoembed. wpforo is perceiving the URL as a link, it will not convert it into an embedded video.... 

He then clicked on the remove the hyperlink button and removed the link. So the url was showing in just plain black text. Then, the video embed worked!!!

Is there a way to set wpforo to not convert these links to hyperlinks? a setting? 

And, how do we get rid of the broken topics? The pages are broken. 

thank you!! 

Topic starter
(@vsinou)

I figured out how to delete them (from moderation). 🙂

Topic starter
(@vsinou)

Is it possible to paste in a URL and not have it turn into a hyperlink so that it is embedded? Is there a setting to exclude a specific domain from becoming a hot link when entered?

1 Reply
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@vsinou,

You are using wpForo Embeds Addons for Embedding videos?

Topic starter
(@vsinou)

Yes, I am a licensed user and have the Embeds Addon. 

And, pasting the URLs of Studio videos right into the editor worked until one of your latest upgrades. Now the links break the threads, unless users are told to remove the hyperlink. 

1 Reply
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@vsinou,

Please create a new Topic at gVectors wpForo Embeds Forum, we don't provide here addon support, only for the main wpForo Plugin.

Also, Mention your wpForo version and Addon version in that topic