Clear all

[Closed] A Few Problems Following Today's Update

15 Posts
4 Users
3 Reactions
Topic starter
(@deeveearr)

@Robert

When a new update, no matter how major or minor it is comes along, of course I'm going to activate it.

However if the add-on update is not released until later, then of course I'm going to get critical errors.

I've got a feeling that any critical errors were due to wpforo releasing the updates in the wrong order.

Had I not noticed this error due to updating later in the day for instance, the error would not have surfaced.

Me being me though, I updated as soon as a new version became available, which in wpforo's case was in the wrong order as the add-on update was not released or available until half an hour later.

Hugely dissatisfied with the customer service rep's answer on this issue!

1 Reply
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

@deeveearr All i know and see is that gVectors have provided a total rewrite for wpForo2, they have worked over a year (or more) for that, that they did an extensive beta test, that they fixed all issues and that after the release they issued 2 updates (and a new one is comming today).

Also all i know and see is their support guys to work hard to help and solve the issues here.

Topic starter
(@deeveearr)

Totally agree @dimalifragis and I just activated the new version.

What I DON'T agree with is the aforementioned support rep insisting that it must be my fault because the new releases were released in the wrong order.

In fact the 'half an hour' timelapse is being rather generous, as I noticed that the new wpforo version was available before I went to bed.

1 Reply
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

@deeveearr Well i think that most issues are coming from Wordpess autoupdate c**p.

gVectors cleary informed about what you must do and not do before the update.

Topic starter
(@deeveearr)

@dimalifragis

I never use auto-update for anything.

I updated as per normal for any plugin.

I did notice that everything had been reset, meaning that I needed to retrieve my 'dark coloured' forum.

If there were any special instructions as per the add-ons, I sure didn't see them.

And if there WERE any instructions for the add-ons, those should have been pushed out before the new forum.

Topic starter
(@deeveearr)

Please close this thread

Page 2 / 2