4 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@thorsten)

BUG with guest posts

Good day,
I have the following problem:

A new topic can be created without providing name and email.
In a reply they are necessary, why?

If name or email is not filled in for a reply, a notice comes in the top right and the entered text is deleted. With this I annoy guests in my forum.
Can you fix this error?

If the title is not filled in, a hint also appears, but the entered text remains. This must also be the case if the name or e-mail is not filled in.

If it is due to a setting, please let me know.

By the way, it is not possible to preview a guest post.

Thanks a lot
With kind regards
Thorsten

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

BUG bei Gastbeiträgen

Guten Tag,
ich habe folgendes Problem:

Ein neues Thema kann erstellt werden ohne Angabe von Namen und E-Mail.
Bei einer Antwort sind sie notwendig, warum?

Wird Name oder E-Mail bei einer Antwort nicht ausgefüllt, kommt ein Hinweis oben rechts und der eingegebene Text ist gelöscht. Damit verärgere ich Gäste in meinem Forum.
Können Sie diesen Fehler beheben?

Wird der Titel nicht ausgefüllt kommt auch ein Hinweis, der eingegebene Text bleibt jedoch erhalten. Das muss auch beim nicht ausfüllen von Namen oder E-Mail so sein.

Falls es an einer Einstellung liegt bitte ich um einen Hinweis.

Im Übrigen ist bei Gastbeiträgen keine Vorschau des Beitrags möglich.

Vielen Dank
mit freundlichen Grüßen
Thorsten

3 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @thorsten,

How have you disabled the username and name fields of topics? If you use wpForo Topic Custom Fields addon, please move this topic to gVectors Support forum and provide more information there: https://gvectors.com/forum/

Topic starter
(@thorsten)

Thank you for your reply.

No, I bought two addons but not the Topic Custom Fields addon because I don't need it.

The issue is this: the entered text of the guests (unregistered users) is deleted by wpForo without warning if they do not fill in name or email address correctly. This is only when replying. When creating a topic, wpForo works correctly.

I use wpForo on two blogs (websites) and have invested €72 in the Advanced Attachments and Embeds addons. I am annoyed that I am scaring away my guests because of this bug. It would be nice if you have a solution for me. Otherwise wpForo will be unusable for me, which I would find very unfortunate.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team
Posted by: @thorsten

The issue is this: the entered text of the guests (unregistered users) is deleted by wpForo without warning if they do not fill in name or email address correctly. This is only when replying. When creating a topic, wpForo works correctly.

Ok, let me explain what's going on in your forum.

The topics are not deleted by wpForo. They are set unapproved, and you can set them approved and show on forum in Dashboard > Forums > Moderation admin page.

Why do they become unapproved? Because the "Front - Can pass moderation" permission is disabled for Guests usergroup. You can go to Dashboard > Forums > Usergroups admin page, edit the Guest usergroup and enable (check) the "Front - Can pass moderation" permission. Once this is enabled all new topics of guests who don't fill username and email can see their topics right after creating that, because their topics will not be unapproved. Here is the Gif video, the username becomes Anonymous:

However, if you want to set the Name and Email fields required, you should put this code in functions.php file of your current active WordPress theme:

function wpforo_set_topic_name_email_fields_required( $fields ){
if( wpfval( $fields, 'name') ) $fields['name']['isRequired'] = 1;
if( wpfval( $fields, 'email') ) $fields['email']['isRequired'] = 1;
return $fields;
}
add_filter( 'wpforo_post_after_init_fields', 'wpforo_set_topic_name_email_fields_required');

How to Easily Add Custom Code in WordPress (without Breaking Your Site)