Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Can I permanently set a single user to have all posts moderated?

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@dronebot-workshop)
Trusted Member

Hi

There probably is a simple answer for this, but I can't seem to find it, so please forgive me if this is a stupid question!

I had a user join a few days ago and a few of his posts are a bit "sketchy" and I had to delete them. I was hoping that there would be a way to have this one specific user set up so that ALL of his posts require moderation?

Thanks!

Topic Tags
6 Replies
Alvina
(@alvina)

Hi @dronebot-workshop,

Please navigate to the Dashboard > Forums > Tools > Antispam admin page and check the  New Registered User section options. But please note the option works too for all users. There is no way to make it work for just one specific user.

Also, wpForo Spam Control is integrated with Akismet. You can install Akismet to make it better.

5 Replies
(@dronebot-workshop)

Trusted Member

@alvina

Actually, it's a moot point now, after his last post I just deleted him!  And I'm quite aware of the setting you mentioned, but as you said it affects everyone. I only wanted to control one single user, without affecting all my other members.

And yes, I already use Askimet, but it didn't seem to help in this situation.

Alvina
(@alvina)

@dronebot-workshop,

I'm sorry but there is no way to make it work only for one user. 

(@upstartdm)

Trusted Member

@alvina I just came across this old post while searching for exactly the same thing. This would be an extremely useful feature for us (i.e. being able to moderate all posts from specific users), can I submit this as a feature request please?

fawp
(@fawp)

Reputable Member

@upstartdm wouldn't you be better off in getting rid of the user, just like DroneBot Workshop did?

It seems like a lot of work having to babysit 100% of a user's posts. I say this from both a moderator and a developer point of view.

(@upstartdm)

Trusted Member

@fawp Realistically that might be what happens at the end of the day but the situation's somewhat more nuanced than I can go into and at the moment it would be useful to be able to moderate all their posts.