Notifications
Clear all

Script [Solved] Can I sort Topics by Title or Column Header?

10 Posts
5 Users
3 Reactions
Topic starter
(@kwit)

Hello,

See attached image. I am wondering if there is a way I can sort Topics by adding functionality to make the Column Headers clickable and/OR just set the Topics to sort by title A-Z.

We would like to have the Topics in some forums appear in a specific order. Having a sort order or post-date type feature to have control over this would be great but figured Column Headers or A-Z setting would be easiest.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,
KevinOrin

9 Replies
(@martin)
Support Team

Hi Kevin,

There is no such function. And this is not in our to-do list. I'll update this topic if we decided to add it.

Lou
(@lou)

This would be great if it could be done!

Rando-Moto
(@rm)
Eminent Member

please do something, I really need this option for a category in my forum 🤩 

Rando-Moto
(@rm)
Eminent Member

UP.

I want to sort the topics in a category by the titles, the topics are named something like this :

(2011-12-14) blah blah
(2014-07-09) blah blah
(2018-03-21) blah blah
(2023-01-04) blah blah

It should be sorted like this :

(2023-01-04) blah blah
(2018-03-21) blah blah
(2014-07-09) blah blah
(2011-12-14) blah blah

For each topic, I put the date in the title, the topics are from some months till now, nothing to do with the dates of the topics.

@Robert any idea buddy ? ... or another teammate 💪

BTW, Happy New Year to everybody.

2 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

Hi @rm,

Even if you find a way to sort topics with A-Z order, it'll not sort the dates you've added at the beginning of the titles. The text ordering doesn't recognize date order. In other words, there is no way to do this with the topics.

Rando-Moto
(@rm)

Eminent Member

@robert in all the forums I had an admin account, the sort (post titles) A to Z or Z to A option worked like a charm with the dates like described in my post here. The dates (I have typed manually in the titles, to be sure you understand what i mean) are just like numbers and those numbers work like letters when we hit the sort button. Please make this possible in WPforo lol.

Page 1 / 2