Can't edit member profile?

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@brenda_d)
Eminent Member

Hello,

In setting up a new community, I added a test user. When I visit the profile page, however, I can't edit any information. Is this correct? From a user perspective, I'm not sure why I can't. In support docs, adding custom avatars and profile information looks available. I've looked through settings and am not seeing that I disabled or enabled something controlling this.

I'll appreciate insight!

2 Replies
BlackRaz
Admin
(@blackraz)
Contributor

Hi  @brenda_d 

For spam prevention, we have disabled the account editing feature for newly registered users. New users will need to have some approved posts before gaining the ability to edit their profile page.

Dashboard > wpForo > Settings > Spam Protection > Min number of posts to be able to edit profile information

Topic starter
(@brenda_d)
Eminent Member

Hi  @blackraz 

Ah, I see. This default can be very helpful, an added protection. From a user experience, I'm wondering about letting a new member know about this? That if they see other member's profile pictures or information, one would question why they don't have the same ability to set up.

Has this question come up before? Do you feel it's best to not mention, that if there was a notice in the New User Email it could promote spammers to create 3 posts and then add their spam content? I'll appreciate your perspective.

Thanks