Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Critical error! IE 11.x will not allow any new posts!

19 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@bjornarfjelldal)
Eminent Member

@sofy, @robert 

I sent you the credentials on email yesterday, I really hope you can log in and have a look

Topic starter
(@bjornarfjelldal)
Eminent Member

Yet another update, underline seem to be the issue, posting with such formating result in post not posted, but without any errors.. 

So to sum up (on my end) so far; IE does not work with respect to post (both new threads and replies), underline does not work in any browsers

4 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@bjornarfjelldal

Ok, we'll check it soon. Have you tested it here at wpForo Community? here we use the native wpForo without any customization and changes.

(@bjornarfjelldal)

Eminent Member

@robert

My IE does not work on your site either - alas it seem to be a bug not on our site, if you are not able to post using it either (given you have access to the browser)..?

(@bjornarfjelldal)

Eminent Member

Underline seem to work well here, also together with bold

Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

@bjornarfjelldal

Could you please change the role of the testing user to admin and let us know? Please make sure that we have an administrator user role in WordPress as well. 

fawp
(@fawp)
Reputable Member

I can confirm, using IE on this very forum doesn't work for me either, this behaviour was originally reported here.

I am assuming you guys are also running the latest version?

https://wpforo.com/community/how-to-and-troubleshooting-2/cant-post-anymore-on-ie-after-installing-wpforo-1-6-4/

Topic starter
(@bjornarfjelldal)
Eminent Member

@sofy, @robert You are able to reproduce this error (as it does not work on your own forum either, here), do you still need admin access to my site...? I'm not sure I am allowed to do that.

3 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

@bjornarfjelldal,

Yes, we've found the reason for the issue and it'll be fixed on the next version release. If you need to fix it asap please provide us the admin login details the developers will fix the issue on your forum. 

(@bjornarfjelldal)

Eminent Member

@sofy

My IT department won't let me open up for this not knowing which changes are being made, however we are able to alter every file possible given instructions. It is obvious we want this fixed if a release is not imminent.. Can you provide the details?

Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

ok @bjornarfjelldal,

Please contact us via info[at]gvectors.com email address. There are two js files we need to send you. 

Page 2 / 2