4 Users
2 Likes
Topic starter
(@dennis)

I have been I think through all posts regarding this subject,

I have changed these settings to 0

Allow Edit Own Topic for
Allow Edit Own Post for

Still, as an admin, I cannot edit my posts or topics.

It's a new forum, just about a month old and still adding stuff, and need to edit other stuff.

just a few days ago I was able to edit 3-4 weeks old content but now, it is all locked.

What am I missing?

I think it should be for admin no time limites.

Dennis

8 Replies
(@martin)
Support Team

This is a WordPress 5.6 compatibility issue. We're preparing wpForo update right now. The new 1.9.0 version will be released today. Once you've updated wpForo, don't forget delete all caches and press Ctrl+F5 on forum front-end to reset browser cache.

Topic starter
(@dennis)

Thanks, @martin, will be waiting for the update.

Dennis

1 Reply
Alvina
(@alvina)

@dennis,

The new version(v.1.9.0) already available. Please update the wpForo plugin, delete all caches and check again.

Also please check the changelog here: https://wpforo.com/community/wpforo-announcements/wpforo-1-9-0-is-released/

Topic starter
(@dennis)

@alvina , @martin

Thanks, already updated and everything seems to be working just as expected, only one issue I notice, half of the members are not listed under the Member tab but they are in >Admin dashboard > users.

What happened to them and how do I get them back? Already cleared caches.

Unrelated question, RSS syndication to social media, I have a service to auto-post, I notice when posting topics where the user needs to be logged in to read, I added an image into all sticky posts which show on social media, but the images from this restricted forum shows the site logo on social media, is that expected behavior?

Regards

Dennis

1 Reply
Alvina
(@alvina)

@dennis,

half of the members are not listed under the Member tab but they are in >Admin dashboard > users.
Please navigate to the Dashboard > Forums > Usergroups admin page, edit the Usergroups one by one and make sure the " Display on Members List" option is checked, save, delete all caches and check again.
Unrelated question, RSS syndication to social media, I have a service to auto-post, I notice when posting topics where the user needs to be logged in to read, I added an image into all sticky posts which show on social media, but the images from this restricted forum shows the site logo on social media, is that expected behavior?
Could you please record a video and leave it here?
Topic starter
(@dennis)

@alvina

"Display on Members List"  was already checked, still no changes - checked in a different browser as admin.

RSS - noting to record here, I use a service similar to Hootsuite, when the restricted content is posted on social, the image inside the post is not selected, only the site logo. Works fine for none restricted content.

Dennis

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@dennis,

It's seem the users are inactive users. Please read this support topic: https://wpforo.com/community/how-to-and-troubleshooting-2/forum-statistics-2/#post-41892

Page 1 / 2