31 Posts
5 Users
1 Likes
14.1 K Views
(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

This

https://wordpress.org/plugins/post-smtp/

is the ultimate tool to see what happened to your email (via its logs and diagnostics).

Topic starter
(@margaret)

Hi Theo,

In the end I had to hire a developer to help me with the problem. I installed the plugin for the logs listed above but it was of no help to him. In the end it was an issue related to the hosting SMTP, and so he created a workaround using Google SMTP. 

That said, I'm still unable to receive notifications when someone registers at the forum, and I'm unable to download the list of members as a CSV or PDF file. Does anyone know whether there is a way to fix this?

Thanks and kind regards,

Margaret

3 Replies
(@anonymous20)

Noble Member
Posted by: Margaret

Hi Theo,

In the end I had to hire a developer to help me with the problem. I installed the plugin for the logs listed above but it was of no help to him. In the end it was an issue related to the hosting SMTP, and so he created a workaround using Google SMTP. 

That said, I'm still unable to receive notifications when someone registers at the forum, and I'm unable to download the list of members as a CSV or PDF file. Does anyone know whether there is a way to fix this?

Thanks and kind regards,

Margaret

If the developer routed the email via smtp using Gmail (i guess this is what you mean), then switch to an other developer asap.

I see you use some strange server, named "Aruba proxy". I have no idea what this is, and probably your problem is HOSTING and not Wordpress and wpForo.

(@margaret)

Yes, I'm trying to get our IT person here to look into the hosting issue. That explains why the plugin testing didn't work.

Why do you say it is a problem rerouting the email, if I may ask? 

Also, is there a way to get notifications when someone registers at the site? I see no option for this. Also, is there a way to download the list of members?

Thanks so much!

(@anonymous20)

Noble Member

Yes, I'm trying to get our IT person here to look into the hosting issue. That explains why the plugin testing didn't work.

Why do you say it is a problem rerouting the email, if I may ask? 

Also, is there a way to get notifications when someone registers at the site? I see no option for this. Also, is there a way to download the list of members?

Thanks so much!

I said re-routing via Gmail. Gmail is not for that, and does all kind of strange things. Best to use your provider's smtp or a dedicated mail service (if you have a large ammount of mail).

(@theo-duncker)
Eminent Member

Dear Margaret,

I saw in your list that you are using some of the same plugin's which are active on my site;

Page Builder by SiteOrigin
Participants Database
SiteOrigin Widgets Bundle

I deactivated them waited for 10 minutes and tested again, no notifications!

Maybe I had to wait a little longer, I will do the test again and will wait for a longer period. I'll keep you informed.

FYI:

Notifications work for me when I set:

• Email page - Notify Admins via email on new Post, Works OK, admin's receive an email
  • Email page - Notify Admins via email on new Topic, Works OK, admin's receive an email
  • Function page - Enable Subscription Confirmation, Works OK, member receive a confirmation email.
  • In the Forum - Report an issue, Works OK, Webmaster receive an email.

Kind regards, Theo Duncker

(@theo-duncker)
Eminent Member

Dear Margaret,

No succes so far. Waited one hour with plugin's deactivated, no change in situation, still no notifications. I'll keep searching....

Kind regards, Theo 

Topic starter
(@margaret)

Yes, please let me know what happens and if anything works! 

Thanks so much,

Margaret

1 Reply
(@anonymous20)

Noble Member

Yes, please let me know what happens and if anything works! 

Thanks so much,

Margaret

Well all i know is that you didn't follow any of the suggestions posted in this topic.

The important is to find if the email DOESN'T go out of WP for some reason (conflict or error) OR it goes out but never delivered.

Don't get me wrong, maybe you can't do all the suggestions here yourself, still there is no other way.

Page 3 / 4