Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Email template of choice is not being sent

9 Posts
4 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@seancallahan)
Estimable Member

My email template under Emails are not being sent for: 1.) New User Registration Email for user, 2.) Reset Password Emails, and 3.) User Mentioning Email

I'm getting emails, but they appear to be system emails. You can compare the messages in the images attached. I'd prefer to have my template sent out. I've tried both the Overwrite option enabled as both Yes and No.

Would you happen to know what I'm doing wrong?

8 Replies
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

You have some other plugin(s) messing things up. For example the "suggestion" offer, is not either WP or wpForo message.

5 Replies
(@seancallahan)

Estimable Member

@dimalifragis What suggestion offer are you referring to? Could you please share a screenshot?

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member
Posted by: @seancallahan

@dimalifragis What suggestion offer are you referring to? Could you please share a screenshot?

This one.

(@selekt)

Posted by: @dimalifragis
Posted by: @seancallahan

This one.

I believe that is just a gmail feature for the suggested auto responses.

(@seancallahan)

Estimable Member

@selekt Oh, no, that was a screenshot of the email sent to my outlook.com email. I attached the whole email from Outlook.com. That's the email on the right in the original screenshot I provided, the email on the left is the template on Wordpress. That's the template I want sent, but I shared the outlook.com email to show you the email I want sent is not being sent. Is seems like the emails going out are system emails, not the template I want. Any ideas?

(@selekt)

@seancallahan Yes I was replying to the other person who though the auto response portion was part of the email template. Gmail has the same feature.

Topic starter
(@seancallahan)
Estimable Member

@dimalifragis I don't think you get it. Those suggestions are a part of Outlook. They are not related to the actual email being sent. Those suggestions are replies. I click the button and it sends a reply. It has nothing to do with being sent. Those suggestions are an Outlook.com thing. Make sense?

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

This is still other plugin affection. wpForo cannot overwrite password reset email. If you cannot find the conflict maker, then disable the email overwriting option and use other plugins to manage WordPress emails (new user, reset password, etc...). Here are some good plugins: https://wordpress.org/plugins/search/email+template/