11 Posts
4 Users
1 Likes
t.niron
Topic starter
(@t-niron)
Estimable Member

Hello,

Thanks for the v2 version. Does this new version have the ability to export wpforo and import a new website as well? I looked through the settings but couldn't find it. What I need is to migrate all wpforo posts from our old website to our new website.

Thank you

10 Replies
2 Replies
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member
Posted by: @t-niron

Hello,

Thanks for the v2 version. Does this new version have the ability to export wpforo and import a new website as well? I looked through the settings but couldn't find it. What I need is to migrate all wpforo posts from our old website to our new website.

Thank you

A new site ? A new domain ?  Replicate the old site to new ?

What exactly you want to do?

t.niron
(@t-niron)

Estimable Member

@dimalifragis Hello,

We will move it to a new domain name. But we don't want a copy of the old website. Because there is a completely new design, new plugins and new languages.

thank you

RealAct
(@realact)
Reputable Member

@t-niron WPForo does not contain any import/export tools that I know of at this time. Being another WordPress Plugin however, you can always use 3rd party tools to backup and restore your whole forums along with the WP installation.

7 Replies
t.niron
(@t-niron)

Estimable Member

@realact Hello

We don't want a copy of the old website. Because there is a completely new design, new plugins and new languages.

Thank you

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@t-niron,

lease check this topic: https://wpforo.com/community/how-to-and-troubleshooting-2/migrate-wpforo-to-another-wpforo/#post-15116

t.niron
(@t-niron)

Estimable Member

@chris Hello,

Thanks for information. I think I can do the given instructions.

As a note; In the title you suggested, you gave the names of two companies for professional support. I had sent an e-mail to these companies before and asked for a quote for switching from a different infrastructure to wpforo. Neither of them answered me.

Thank you for your support..

RealAct
(@realact)

Reputable Member

@t-niron Oh I see, you could always copy just the databases using PHPmyAdmin or another tool, then you import just the databases using either PHPmyAdmin or CPanel. (There's an interface inside your CPanel to import databases).

Greetings.

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member
Posted by: @realact

@t-niron Oh I see, you could always copy just the databases using PHPmyAdmin or another tool, then you import just the databases using either PHPmyAdmin or CPanel. (There's an interface inside your CPanel to import databases).

Greetings.

Sorry but this is wrong information given. This is when you totally move a site to an other, with only a domain change or a general move to an other hosting plan/provider. Not for a new site, new domain, without the old users.

RealAct
(@realact)

Reputable Member

@dimalifragis How is the information wrong? To my understanding the OP wants to move his forum, but not any customization etc, just the forum content. 

If that assumption is right, then what I advised above works, of course he does need to copy over his users databases as well besides just the forum databases.

Otherwise why not just install a clean copy of WPForo on the new site?

BTW he can always also use PHPmyAdmin to change/fix wrong settings such as site name, site URL etc after the import.

t.niron
(@t-niron)

Estimable Member

@dimalifragis Hello,

We are actually talking about an exact copy of our website. We will also transfer all users.

Thank you